|Tudor Sedan **||$590||$580||$580||1875||223,203|
|Fordor Sedan **||$685||$660||$660||1950||84,733|
|Truck Chassis **||$435||$430||$430||1577||88,700|
|Truck with C Cab||$490||$485||$485||-----||19,544|
|Truck with C Cab **||$555||$550||$550||-----||1,830|
|Truck with C Cab and Stake Bed||-----||$495||$495||19,296|
|Truck with C Cab and Stake Bed ***||-----||-----||-----||-----||3,819|
|#||Price effective October 30, 1923.|
|##||Price effective December 2, 1923.||The 1924 Fords, introduced in summer 1923. These models continued until the 1926 models in the summer of 1925 with minor modifications. Not shown are the chassis and the TT trucks.|
|###||Price effective October 24, 1924.|
|*||January 1, 1924 to December 31, 1924. (Includes foreign production.)|
|**||Includes starter and demountable wheels.|
|***||No price listed for Truck with cab and stake body with starter.|
Note: Starter was an option on the open cars at $65. Weight 95 lbs. Demountable rims were an additional $20. Weight 55 lbs. C type truck cab, $65. Truck rear bed, $55 if ordered separately.
ENGINE SERIAL NUMBERS: 9,008,372 to 10,994,033 calendar year. 8,122,675 to 10,266,471 fiscal year (August 1, 1923 to July 31, 1924).
MODEL YEAR DATES: August 1923 to August 1924.
BODY TYPES: Touring, Runabout, Tudor and Fordor Sedans, Coupe, Chassis and C Cab Truck.
MAJOR MODEL YEAR FEATURES: Same models as the later 1923 (which Ford referred to as
1924s). The Fordor sedan now had steel lower panels although aluminum continued in the
upper sections; doors on the closed cars changed to steel during the year, eliminating the wood
framework used in the previous doors. Cowl vent in the closed cars.
A new tail lamp/license plate assembly appeared during the year and became the standard through 1927.
Four-dip Engine pan was introduced.
COLORS: All cars were painted black, with black fenders.
UPHOLSTERY: Imitation leather in the open cars. The pattern was a stitched vertical pleat design on both seat bottoms and backs. Closed car upholstery was brown cloth with a lined pattern.
FENDERS: Front: Curved and crowned as in 1923. In late 1924 (1925 models) the front f/ender was given a wider appearance by moving the embossed bead to the inside edge (it now runs under the splash apron). The rear fender was made slightly wider and now flares outward at the junction with the running board. (This new style has often been referred to as truck fenders but they were standard on all passenger cars in 1925 and trucks in 1926 and 1927.)
SPLASH APRON: Same as later 1923 type.
RUNNING BOARDS: Same as 1923.
HOOD: High hood, same as later 1923.
DASHBOARD (Firewall): Steel as in that used in the later 1923 production.
CHASSIS: Same as 1923. Painted black.
STEERING COLUMN ASSEMBLY: Pressed steel, black painted, quadrant, Zinc-plated spark and throttle levers, with flattened metal ends. Gear case was brass but zinc plated, one piece assembly. Wheel was 16 outside diameter, made of Fordite (synthetic material), and painted black. The wheel spider is pressed steel and painted black. Horn button was on left side of the column.
FRONT AXLE: Same as the 1923 cars.
REAR AXLE: Same as 1923.
DRIVESHAFT HOUSING: Same as 1923.
REAR RADIUS AND BRAKE RODS: Same as 1923.
WHEELS: Used 30 by 3 tires in front; 30 by 3-1/2 in the rear on non-demountable-equipped open cars. Front wheels used taper-roller (Timken) bearings except in the non-starter, non-demountable open cars. Hub caps were the same design as 1921 but were now made of zinc. Demountable-rim wheels were standard on closed cars, and optional on the open models; used 30 by 3-1/2 tires all around.
SPRINGS: Non-tapered, front and rear. U shaped shackles.
RADIATOR: Same as the later 1923 high style.
ENGINE: Same as 1923. Starter was still optional on the open cars. Light-weight pistons and the oil tube with the larger funnel were introduced during the year.
ENGINE PAN: Four-dip pan is introduced as a running change during 1924.
OIL FILLER CAP: The mushroom-shaped cap, made of steel, with three flutes.
ENGINE CRANK: Same as 1923 one piece type with the rolled-in-place handle sleeve.
ENGINE FAN: Same as 1923.
MANIFOLDS: Same as previous.
CARBURETORS: Kingston Model L4, Holley Model NH, or Ford F.
CARBURETOR STOVE: Sheet metal type which rose vertically at the rear of the carburetor and mated with the exhaust manifold at the rear corner, being held by the rear manifold retaining stud/nut. Less expensive design eliminates the separate mounting tab which was riveted to the previous type.
MUFFLER: Pressed steel type with no tail pipe.
FUEL TANK: Elliptical, under the front seat. Mounting brackets clamped to the tank. Outlet was between the center and the right side, between the frame rails. The Sedans continued the square tank under the drivers seat.
TRANSMISSION: Three-pedal standard-design. Pedals were of the plain type. Transmission cover was cast iron. Tapered inspection door, held with six screws. The door was of pressed steel with an embossed pattern.COIL BOX ASSEMBLY: Same as 1923.
LAMPS: Magneto powered electric type on the non-starter cars, and six volt electric on the starter models. Black steel rims. Side and tail lamps were similar to 1917 on the non-starter cars. The oil tail lamp was turned sideways with a small red lens on the side (now the rear) and a large clear lens on the door to illuminate the license plate. Starter cars had a redesigned tail light which was mounted on the license plate bracket. This new style was used through 1927.
HORN: Magneto powered electric on non-starter cars, but six volt on starter models.
WINDSHIELD: Same as 1923.
TOP: Same as 1923.
SPEEDOMETER: Not standard equipment.
TURTLE DECK: Same as 1923.