Spring and little sportscars

Posts that have nothing to do with the Model T. You can post here or OT posts will be moved here.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Kaiser
First Name: Leo
Last Name: van Stirum
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1923 Huckster, '66 CJ5 daily driver
Board Member Since: 2016

Spring and little sportscars

Post by Kaiser » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:32 am

Spring must be on its way as the little sportscars are coming out of storage for their tune ups ;)
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
When in trouble, do not fear, blame the second engineer ! 8-)
Leo van Stirum, Netherlands
'23 Huckster, '66 CJ5 daily driver

Topic author
Kaiser
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1923 Huckster, '66 CJ5 daily driver

Re: Spring and little sportscars

Post by Kaiser » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:34 am

Still having problems with this crappy Eye pad messing things up, sorry for the crick in your neck :oops:

DLodge
First Name: Dick
Last Name: Lodge
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1924 Touring
MTFCA Number: 19659
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by DLodge » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:55 am

Not a problem on my desktop, Leo. I just click on a photo and it appears right side up.

Topic author
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:43 am

I know Dick but i hate it that they don't show right side up in the post itself and I 've got no clue what to do about it, i have an older Ipad and i'm not an apple kind of human, it keeps throwing me curve balls now and then :lol:
The rest of my computers are windows and that i understand, but i keep this pad in the workshop, i've got a load of manuals in pdf on it (so i don't get greasy thumbs in the paper ones), make occasional pictures of a job at hand ( to help the aging brain when reassembly time comes) and visit this forum and of course i never bothered to RFM on this thing :roll:

Duey_C
First Name: Duane
Last Name: Cooley
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 18 Runabout, 24 Runabout for 20yrs, 25 TT, late Center Door project, open express pickup
MTFCA Number: 32488
Board Member Since: 2015

Post by Duey_C » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:19 pm

Cool cars Leo!
I test drove a '68 TR-250 once. Wish I had bought it now. $1250.00 in '82.
Slinked down into a 70's MG many years ago also. Tall and lanky so it took a minute or so. Lots of room and very comfy once in there!
Then took another minute to get out... Heck, I have trouble getting in and out of my '06 Buick now... The pickup serves me better.
Thank you for showing us a piece of your world. :)
Since I lost my mind mind, I feel more liberated

Topic author
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:50 am

Duey, i just love them little brawny engines, my all time favorite is the TR6 with that big lump of cast iron six up front, but yeah getting in and specially out gets more troublesome year by year :lol:
Did you know that a nice TR6 goes for over 20grand here these days :o
The red TR6 in the picture is a US import with a nice paintjob, a cheap repro interior and a very tired engine, we did a total rebuild on the engine, skimmed the head just a little, .020 over bore, new valves and seats and two refurbished SU carbs, it should now again deliver a whopping 125bhp.
What i like most about the TR6 is the design, that italian styled body just sort of laying down between those big wheels on every corner of the car just does it for me, i just love the looks and the sound ! this way i get to drive one every now and then without having to own one, now i get paid for the work instead of having to pay the bill !

James_B_NC
First Name: James
Last Name: Bennington
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1921 Roadster
Board Member Since: 2018

Post by James_B_NC » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:07 am

Kaiser wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:43 am
I know Dick but i hate it that they don't show right side up in the post itself and I 've got no clue what to do about it, i have an older Ipad and i'm not an apple kind of human, it keeps throwing me curve balls now and then :lol:
The rest of my computers are windows and that i understand, but i keep this pad in the workshop, i've got a load of manuals in pdf on it (so i don't get greasy thumbs in the paper ones), make occasional pictures of a job at hand ( to help the aging brain when reassembly time comes) and visit this forum and of course i never bothered to RFM on this thing :roll:
You might be holding the iPad upside down when you take pictures. I did that a lot too when I got mine and had similar issues.
The forum's resident Millennial.

Norman Kling
First Name: Norman
Last Name: Kling

Post by Norman Kling » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:14 am

I am looking from California. I think those cars are in Australia!
Norm

Bill Dizer
First Name: Bill
Last Name: Dizer
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 coupe, 1927 depot hack
MTFCA Number: 28610
MTFCA Life Member: YES
Board Member Since: 2014

Post by Bill Dizer » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:58 pm

I have two Triumphs, a 63 Tr3B, and a 67 Tr4A. I did a bare steel body off frame restoration on the 4A, 28 years ago. Only five bolts left in the body, and only the rear springs on the frame. I spent 18 months of evenings and weekends on it, and as far as I know, every bolt, nut and washer is factory. Etching primer, then seam sealer, more etching primer, then epoxy primer, and base coat clear coat paint. I did change a few things that are bolt on, and could be removed to go strictly stock. I added a Tr6 sway bar on the front, Tr 6 wire wheels because they are an inch wider and 72 spoke for strength. The flywheel is lightened 11 pounds, from 31 to 20, and the whole engine rebalanced, a Moss fast road cam, 87 mm liners and Pistons and planed 20 thou off the head, Monza Tr6 exhaust, so only two cylinders into each side so decent flow, and sound. Also a J type overdrive. Full flow oil cooler. Triple black, car, top and interior, leather seats. All new dash pads, door panels and total interior, with wool carpeting. Runs great, and handles very well!
Tr3B is fairly stock, just a header, 60 spoke wheels instead of the weak 48, and front and rear sway bars. And cruise control!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic