Hotmail

Posts that have nothing to do with the Model T. You can post here or OT posts will be moved here.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
D Stroud
First Name: David
Last Name: Stroud
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 Coupe
Board Member Since: 2011

Hotmail

Post by D Stroud » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:23 am

I don't know if anyone else has been having any issues with Hotmail lately, but I have been having a LOT of issues. It may go for one, two, or three days and will not load, it just does nothing. This is not new, this has happened before. I have listed parts for sale and have answered to the adds, but no replys. After multiple replys, I have heard nothing. If any of you have tried to contact me and not had any luck, try using dstroudch47ce@gmail.com
Take care, Dave
1925 mostly original coupe.

NHUSA
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Dimock
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1919 T with Mifflinburg Suburban body

Re: Hotmail

Post by NHUSA » Thu May 14, 2020 4:27 pm

My wife and I have used hotmail for many years and we find the changes frustrating.
Their updates claim to make thing better - easier to use - so on so on - but every change screws things up.
We stay with hotmail because many of our accounts are tied to it.

Hotmail is really a Microsoft product so we understand why it is messed up. Just look at the many versions of Windows with weekly, daily, hourly updates if you question their being messed up.

My suggestion is your clear your history, cash, etc. and delete the add on. Maybe even change browsers.
NH - Where I used to live - not the carburetor ! :lol:

Mark Gregush
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Gregush
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 cutdown PU, 1920 Dodge touring, 1948 F2 Ford flat head 6 pickup 3 speed
MTFCA Number: 52564
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by Mark Gregush » Thu May 14, 2020 4:48 pm

Why not sign up go to @gmail.com? (Google mail). If too slow to load, they have a version for slower systems and you can move your contacts over to it. I have Windows 10 and have not had any updates in a while.
I know the voices aren't real but damn they have some good ideas! :shock:

1925 Cut down pickup
1920 Dodge touring
1948 Ford F2 pickup

tdump
First Name: Mack
Last Name: Cole
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: TT. T express pickup,speedster project.
MTFCA Number: 28146

Post by tdump » Thu May 14, 2020 10:44 pm

Hotmail did a lot of changing awhile back and I dispise it but it works and it don't cost anything
I had a email address with my old internet provider,and it still works but I am afraid at any minute i will go to it and it not work so I don't use it anymore.I check it once in a while.
If you can't help em, don't hinder em'

Mark Gregush
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Gregush
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 cutdown PU, 1920 Dodge touring, 1948 F2 Ford flat head 6 pickup 3 speed
MTFCA Number: 52564
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by Mark Gregush » Thu May 14, 2020 11:45 pm

Why would you think that gmail cost anything? It's free.
I know the voices aren't real but damn they have some good ideas! :shock:

1925 Cut down pickup
1920 Dodge touring
1948 Ford F2 pickup

Kaiser
First Name: Leo
Last Name: van Stirum
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1923 Huckster, '66 CJ5 daily driver
Board Member Since: 2016

Post by Kaiser » Fri May 15, 2020 6:41 am

Me and the wife use a gmail account and all our e-mail accounts, bussiness and private, even the very old ones, come in via the gmail, my private personal e-mail is from a long defunct provider but through the gmail i can still receive and send messages with it, no problems at all, and in my experience gmail keeps a lot of spam out of my inbox, very happy with it.
Just ask one of the kids to set up a gmail account for you that incorporates all your email accounts, that way you don't have to notify anyone you changed over, you don't have to change anything and email sent to any of your old email addresses will be redirected automaticly to your gmail AND its free !
Good luck
When in trouble, do not fear, blame the second engineer ! 8-)
Leo van Stirum, Netherlands
'23 Huckster, '66 CJ5 daily driver

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic