ARE THEY NUTS?

Posts that have nothing to do with the Model T. You can post here or OT posts will be moved here.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Hal
First Name: Hal
Last Name: Davis
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '22 TT Stake Bed, '18 Touring (Hers)
Board Member Since: 2005

Re: ARE THEY NUTS?

Post by Hal » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:33 pm

I had a little compassion for those on the ship a month ago. The ones on the ship now? Unless they boarded a month ago, what the L were they thinking? An NOW we are supposed to feel sorry for them? I'm not a big proponent of what all is going on with this, but even I, wouldn't have boarded a cruise ship given the situation.

I cannot believe the rights and freedoms we are willing giving up. You can believe it is not going unnoticed by the powers that be, either. They arrested a preacher in FL for holding services. They are telling business owners you have to close. Reckon they are telling the banks they can't collect on debts from people or businesses that have lost their jobs/closed their doors? Not likely. They tell us two weeks will get us through this and then they say we need 4 more? At the end of the 6, is it going to be another 12? Get the tests made. Test everybody. Quarantine everybody with it under penalty of law, and leave the rest of us the L alone!

Hal
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '22 TT Stake Bed, '18 Touring (Hers)

Post by Hal » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:51 pm

So just now, I see on the news where they are enforcing some kind of l8ckdown on South Carolina waterways in southern SC. So what's the harm in some guy going out and fishing by himself while he's unemployed? Who the L is he gonna infect? Who the L is gonna infect him?

You got these big city NY yankee newscaster telling us to stay inside. Inside? Really? I suppose if you live on the 50th floor of some high rise. Maybe you ought to stay in your apartment and don't push elevator buttons and such, but my closest neighbor is several hundred yards away. Why the L do i need to stay inside? Im 'bout tired of being told what i can and cannot do.

Dallas Landers
First Name: Dallas
Last Name: Landers
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 26 Rpu, 23 TT, 24 coupe,
MTFCA Number: 49995

Post by Dallas Landers » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:10 pm

Kinda feels like a test to me! :cry:

Henry K. Lee
First Name: Henry
Last Name: Lee
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Many
MTFCA Number: 479
MTFCA Life Member: YES

Post by Henry K. Lee » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:59 pm

BINGO! Wayne and Scott.

Hank

tdump
First Name: Mack
Last Name: Cole
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: TT. T express pickup,speedster project.
MTFCA Number: 28146

Post by tdump » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:50 pm

But Hal, churches are not essential,but liquer stores are. Why? Which 1 makes money for the government?
I won't go on a long rant but I agree with what you said Hal.
If you can't help em, don't hinder em'

Scott_Conger
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Conger
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '13, '15, '19, '23

Post by Scott_Conger » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:25 pm

Perspective: : the capacity to view things in their true relations or relative importance

1,339,000,000 people in India. Thats BILLION
1,269,000 square mile country
1251 Coronavirus cases.
32 deaths due to the virus
Average Annual deaths due to Malaria: 205,000
Country locked down for 21 days
Crops rotting in the field

you tell me, HOW many Indians is this going to save compared to how many will starve or further throw into the streets suffering from other putrid ailments?

One-Size-Fits-All Quarantine is going to destroy economies, lead to want and starvation and will cause a rise in violence and expansion of repressive governments. Communist countries are now providing aid to America during the wilful murder of our economy and perhaps nation.

Coming to a country near you.

The World has gone mad and we're following them there willfully without a shot, but rather a whimper.
Scott Conger

Tyranny under the guise of law is still Tyranny

NH Full Flow Float Valves
Obsolete carburetor parts manufactured

Hal

Post by Hal » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:59 pm

Yessir, you're absolutely right.

If I'm supposed to stay at home, why is my favorite pizza joint offering curbside pickup?

Why am I a bad person for taking a ride in the country on my motorcycle?

Why are we 3 weeks into this hysteria and people haven't yet realized the toilet paper factory isn't on lockdown? We got 11 rolls left that were purchased well before the nation went nuts. Have to see how long it lasts. Could always use both sides I guess.

perry kete
First Name: Dennis
Last Name: Seth
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1922 Coupe 1927 Touring

Post by perry kete » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:42 pm

Well the good thing about saving and collecting old stuff is that I still have my stash of Sears & Robuck Catalogs as a back-up!
1922 Coupe & 1927 Touring

tdump
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: TT. T express pickup,speedster project.

Post by tdump » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:30 pm

I can't see a ride in the country in a T or a motorcycle being a problem. Safer actually than normal.
Some people are thinking this means you can not walk out into the yard. I don't think it is quite that draconian. IF it is,well I am breaking the rules I guess.

HPetrino
Last Name: Petrino
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1918 TT

Post by HPetrino » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:19 pm

Mack,
I don't see anything wrong with a ride out either, but I doubt it's "safer actually than normal". I read a report issued by the California Highway Patrol a day or two ago reporting that incidents of people driving in excess of 100 MPH on our freeways are up significantly. Just because traffic is not gridlocked as it usually is the dummies think they can do whatever they want, damn the danger to other people.

tdump

Post by tdump » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:00 pm

Didn't think about that! you are right,with no one around,they can fly around town how ever fast they want to.

Dallas Landers

Post by Dallas Landers » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:08 pm

Cops here have been told not to do traffic stops unless they are seriously breaking the law. Hey they are letting criminals out and arresting preachers. Yup, nuts is what I would say.
Yes I will continue to drive my T until they threaten me.
Its a fact its more dangerous to drive your car than to contract Covid19.

Scott_Conger

Post by Scott_Conger » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:33 pm

And as predictable relative to my last post, hundreds of thousands of people are engaging in an illegal mass migration and as of right now at least 22 people in India have died of exhaustion and/or malnutrition while trying to get home or wherever now that all transportation has ceased and they are standed.

I think it's reasonable to add those numbers to the previous 32 Coronavirus death toll count, and it's going to really grow from here. If more people die from avoidance than the problem itself, will it have been a valid solution? Time, violence and human nature will tell.
Scott Conger

tdump

Post by tdump » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:46 pm

I was reading this morning that Italys death toll from the virus may be far more than reported.They are not testing elderly in remote rest homes where over half the population died. Before or after. Pnemonia is being wrote down as cause of death if anything. They are also selecting who gets taken to the hospital,a old person will be left behind as a younger 1 is taken in.
Kinda sad really.
I was just told that a local city's fire departments have stopped running ems calls. You know,like if you call in having a heart attack, you have to wait on the countys ems ambulance to come take care of you. Instead of them getting there in time to save you.
Really sad. No reason for as the county does not have but less than 50 cases and they are not all in the hospital.

perry kete

Post by perry kete » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:17 pm

Small communities if they are affected or not often time have to follow the county, state, and federal guidelines and rulings or lose grants and funding. That is one way the big dog controls the little guy. Do as we tell you or you get no money.

Wayne Sheldon
First Name: Wayne
Last Name: Sheldon
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 Runabout 1913 Speedster

Post by Wayne Sheldon » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:17 am

I keep wondering how many people over say 55 will end up dying of heart attacks or strokes due to inactivity. Many thousands have maintained better health by physical activity, long walks, often in groups at parks, and other activities at senior centers. Now they are so limited, most will spend much of each day sitting on the couch doing puzzles or watching tv.
I figure a spike in heart attacks and strokes to begin in about two to four months.

Sadly, this is a situation for which there may not be a right answer.

tdump

Post by tdump » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:12 am

Last week in our fire district alone we had 3 overdose-poison calls.
This week 2 heart related calls.
Don't normall have that many of those type calls in 3 months, much less 2 weeks.
The folks telling the world to shut down, are just looking at the virus,their blinders are not allowing them to see the side effects of the lockdowns.

TRDxB2
First Name: Frank
Last Name: Brandi
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Speedster (1919 w 1926)
Board Member Since: 2018

Post by TRDxB2 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:07 pm

Remember, It only took 1 carrier of COVID-19 to infect a Washington State Rest Home where 40 of the 120 residents died as a result. So if you live in town with few gathering places and someone comes to visit from New York, California, Michigan, Washington, Illinois or Wyoming would you request that they put themselves in self-isolation or ask them to go home?
The past is a great place and I don't want to erase it or to regret it, but I don't want to be its prisoner either.
Mick Jagger

Scott_Conger

Post by Scott_Conger » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:10 pm

the only thing harder to find in Wyoming than virus, is a resident that wants to leave right now.
Scott Conger

HPetrino

Post by HPetrino » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:19 am

From our Sacramento, CA news station:

During the last full week of March, the number of speeding citations issued to drivers traveling under 100 mph dropped nearly 60% statewide as compared to the same time frame last year, according to CHP statistics.

However, the number of citations for exceeding 100 mph jumped nearly 30% during the same period.

In the CHP's Valley Division, which covers the Sacramento region, a total of 36 citations were issued for drivers going 100-plus mph during that one week. Last year, the total number was only 17.

"In Sacramento, we're used to having rush hour. And in Los Angeles, we have rush day. However, those slowing down periods of heavy traffic aren't there, which means more opportunity and it's easier for us to observe those violations," Harris said.

Dummies......

PDGx
First Name: Paul
Last Name: Grohsmeyer
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: ‘17 TT Holmes Wrecker
MTFCA Number: 27359
Board Member Since: 2007

Post by PDGx » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:49 pm

I’ll just leave these here.
6D6550EA-162E-4D82-8FE3-B5334305B031.jpeg
4CC1AA7C-AA95-4F8A-A784-4763806D8E7F.jpeg

HPetrino

Post by HPetrino » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:06 pm

Paul,
The map you posted tells the story. Also note that the sum population of those three European countries is about 210 million while the population of the USA is at about 330 million. That's the problem with how we're fed information. It's very difficult or impossible to get things in proper perspective.

RxGPoblet
First Name: Garland E
Last Name: Pobletts
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 Model T Touring

Post by RxGPoblet » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:55 pm

We deal with this supply type of insanity every hurricane season. The answer to the original question is "yes".

D Stroud
First Name: David
Last Name: Stroud
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 Coupe
Board Member Since: 2011

Post by D Stroud » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:11 am

My wife is the manager of our local grocery store in our small town of about 1200 people. She and her crew deal with the public every day, you wouldn't believe what they have to deal with, not so much from the locals(although there are a few crazies), but mostly from other shoppers that come here because they can't find what they want in their local "big" stores. She even had one woman gripe that they weren't prepared for this, AFTER she filled her cart and said that she couldn't find what she wanted at Walmart. Another "ENTITLED" woman from Kansas griped about having to abide by the "social distancing" at their local Walmart so they came here. She just couldn't understand why we had the same same rules. As Ron White said, you just can't fix STUPID!!!!! I just can't understand how so many people can be so stupid. End of rant(so far ;). Dave
1925 mostly original coupe.

HPetrino

Post by HPetrino » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:27 pm

Dave,
Your wife may get a chuckle out of this. I was at a local grocery store earlier today (my once every week to 10 days trip). The fellow in front of me had on a mask, as did I and the clerk. When she finished up his order and he moved on I stepped up, looked at the clerk and asked, "Who was that masked man?" We had a pretty good laugh after about a 2 second delay while she thought about it. :lol:

Dallas Landers

Post by Dallas Landers » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:22 pm

I watched a guy put his mask on, go into the gas station. Comes out with a fountian pop. Takes off his mask ,grabs the straw close to the end and with his fingers against his lips starts drinking! May as well licked the counter while he was at it.

perry kete

Post by perry kete » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:19 pm

This is the first time I ever walked IN TO the bank and THEY ask me to PUT A MASK ON! :lol:

I wear a mask because I would rather have 6 mills of cloth over my face then 6 feet of dirt!

babychadwick
First Name: Chad
Last Name: Azevedo
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Boattail speedster, 1912 Tourabout project, 1927 Speedster (build)
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by babychadwick » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:48 pm

The officials here (FL Keys) have set up roadblocks checking identification going it to keep non residents out. People have been turned around and even arrested trying to run the road block. The county passed a mask regulation so you have to have a mask on to go into a store. This to me instills fear more than anything as nobody has correct masks. The schools are naturally closed, most residents being out of work with so much closed are now using their boats and spending time in the water as it feels like summer and the ocean has already warmed up to the mid 80's.
Attachments
rtgbrtbv.jpg
"Those who fail to plan, plan to fail"

TRDxB2
First Name: Frank
Last Name: Brandi
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Speedster (1919 w 1926)
Board Member Since: 2018

Post by TRDxB2 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:01 pm

Whether or not you accept Social Distancing now - you eventually will conform.
Attachments
6foot.jpg
6foot.jpg (15.36 KiB) Viewed 6883 times
The past is a great place and I don't want to erase it or to regret it, but I don't want to be its prisoner either.
Mick Jagger

tdump

Post by tdump » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:47 pm

Yea they are nuts. This is a good cliff notes version of everything we have been told the past month or so.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hspw7Y1Gc5s

Dallas Landers

Post by Dallas Landers » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:31 pm

That about sums it up Mack ! :lol:

PDGx
First Name: Paul