'Oliver Sudden'

Posts that have nothing to do with the Model T. You can post here or OT posts will be moved here.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Marv K
First Name: Marv
Last Name: Konrad
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '26 TT Steel Cab ("ToyBox Twoo"), '25 Coupe ("Cranky")
Board Member Since: 2010

'Oliver Sudden'

Post by Marv K » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:35 am

He sent a tune crashing into my head, and I dunno why.... When I looked it up, there was a guy with two first names first recording in 1934. Here's hoping you have good memories!

song - cattle call - - Video Search Results

song - cattle call - - Video Search Results

The search engine that helps you find exactly what you're looking for. Find the most relevant information, video...
https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?hsp ... ll¶m2=9249

song - cattle call - Yahoo Search Results
"Let's Figgur it owt!" Just fix it (right), and make it work.....
Aah-OO-Gah! (and), "Happy T-ing!"

John E. Guitar
First Name: John
Last Name: Guitar
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Touring, 1924 Tourer
Board Member Since: 2012

Re: 'Oliver Sudden'

Post by John E. Guitar » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:46 pm

Great song!

Duey_C
First Name: Duane
Last Name: Cooley
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 18 Runabout, 24 Runabout for 20yrs, 25 TT, late Center Door project, open express pickup
MTFCA Number: 32488
Board Member Since: 2015

Post by Duey_C » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:29 pm

Beautiful and slightly haunting song. That's my favorite Eddy Arnold song. Thanks Marv!
The whole time listening to cattle call,
I could hear my dad singing Yodel Ay he hoo, ya ouhghtta see my car...
Since I lost my mind mind, I feel more liberated

Rich Eagle
First Name: Richard
Last Name: Eagle
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1909 TR 1914 TR 1915 Rd 1920 Spdstr 1922 Coupe 1925 Tudor
MTFCA Number: 1219

Post by Rich Eagle » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:19 pm

It is funny how those things hit you. I was never a country Music Fan. Still, when I hear it I often go back to the '50s when I went to sleep to it during visits to the Family store. At that time there were a number of Western bars across the street that played all manner of wonderful tunes that drifted up to the bedroom. The old twangy stuff crept into my subconscious. What I hear today doesn't sound legitimate.
Later in the '70s I worked for a Fanatic who played the same songs all day at work. I learned more about who sang them and other trivia.
The old '20s second floor room was a little spooky but the music was soothing.
Storee.jpg
When did I do that?

Duey_C
First Name: Duane
Last Name: Cooley
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 18 Runabout, 24 Runabout for 20yrs, 25 TT, late Center Door project, open express pickup
MTFCA Number: 32488
Board Member Since: 2015

Post by Duey_C » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:46 pm

That was neat Rich.
Marv, a friend had sent me a link to an old-time song by the Deutschmeisters' and as I listened I heard Eddys' Cattle Call the whole time.
Am I nuts? Well, dah. Yet...
I love old-time music too and the St. Paul (hehehe-Minnesota!) Polka's chorus is really close! Ending notes are the same also.
Who grabbed who?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6S28jziwe4 Gotta love the Tuba.
Sorry Marv. Got happily stuck with a musical ear.
Since I lost my mind mind, I feel more liberated

perry kete
First Name: Dennis
Last Name: Seth
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1922 Coupe 1927 Touring

Post by perry kete » Fri May 01, 2020 9:05 am

Well if you're going to talk polkas don't forget "She's Too Fat Polka" and "Who Stole the Keeshka Polka" with the Frankie Yankovic Polka Band and since summers on the way we might as well listen to "Roll Out the Barrels Polka"
1922 Coupe & 1927 Touring

Rich Bingham
First Name: Rich
Last Name: Bingham
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1913 runabout

Post by Rich Bingham » Fri May 01, 2020 10:42 am

Wherefore “taste” in music ?!? Ever anon, listening to commercial music on the radio, one becomes aware of the mind numbing similarity in all genres. If you like it, it’s “good music”, if it’s unfamiliar, you probably don’t like it.

On that note (hee, hee!) why the bum jokes about polka and accordion music ? It’s about the happiest sound around, and dancing polka is FUN ! No teen-age angst, no whining about cheating partners. Weird Al’s uncle Frank gets thumbs up from me !

Time was, “country” was “hillbilly”. Country & Western morphed into something not western at all in the mid ‘60s. Time marches on and now we have “country rap” whatever that is. (Crap, perhaps ?)
"Get a horse !"

Mark Gregush
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Gregush
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 cutdown PU, 1920 Dodge touring, 1948 F2 Ford flat head 6 pickup 3 speed
MTFCA Number: 52564
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by Mark Gregush » Sun May 17, 2020 10:38 am

Someone said on the History of Country Music by Ken Burns last night, there are two kinds of music, the ones that make you want to cry or the ones that make you want to dance. Polkas make me want to dance and frankly with everything going on in my life I would rather dance. :lol:
I know the voices aren't real but damn they have some good ideas! :shock:

1925 Cut down pickup
1920 Dodge touring
1948 Ford F2 pickup

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic