Information on the "Assorted Car Company" wanted

Posts that have nothing to do with the Model T. You can post here or OT posts will be moved here.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
perry kete
First Name: Dennis
Last Name: Seth
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1922 Coupe 1927 Touring

Information on the "Assorted Car Company" wanted

Post by perry kete » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:58 pm

I am looking for information on the "Assorted Car Company" and when and where they were made.

I make this requested because I so often see in the classified section of this forum "Assorted Car parts for sale" and I figured if so many assorted car parts are available that I may as well find a car and rebuild one.

The other car that I am interested in would be the "Miscellaneous Car Company" because I also see Miscellaneous parts for sale too.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
1922 Coupe & 1927 Touring

Rich Bingham
First Name: Rich
Last Name: Bingham
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1913 runabout

Re: Information on the "Assorted Car Company" wanted

Post by Rich Bingham » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:40 pm

Assorted Motor Carriage Co. was a late-comer to the automotive field in 1913, mostly owing to the necessity of having the leftover stocks of unused parts from any number of defunct concerns to provide them with enough parts to produce a line of automobiles. Assorted began producing vehicles in the abandoned barn on Cuthbert Maddox’s ranch near Saddlestring, Wyo. in August of 1913, promising a full line of luxury automobiles for the following model year. The location was chosen for its proximity to the railroad spur a quarter mile away that served the upper moss plantation. Documentation of the company’s corporate charter can be found in the Institute’s lower library. Thanks to Melrose for supplying the details.

Heinrich is collecting data on the Miscellaneous Horseless Miracle Company, which marketed their “Miscellaneous Miracle” for a short period, and will report on that tomorrow, same time. Thanks for your impatience.
"Get a horse !"

Rich Eagle
First Name: Richard
Last Name: Eagle
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1909 TR 1914 TR 1915 Rd 1920 Spdstr 1922 Coupe 1925 Tudor
MTFCA Number: 1219

Post by Rich Eagle » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:03 pm

I sorted wondered myself. :lol:
You guys...
When did I do that?

Dallas Landers
First Name: Dallas
Last Name: Landers
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 26 Rpu, 23 TT, 24 coupe,
MTFCA Number: 49995

Post by Dallas Landers » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:33 pm

Must have been popular. I see advertisements in the paper for assorted tools all the time. :lol:

Duey_C
First Name: Duane
Last Name: Cooley
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 18 Runabout, 24 Runabout for 20yrs, 25 TT, late Center Door project, open express pickup
MTFCA Number: 32488
Board Member Since: 2015

Post by Duey_C » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:33 pm

Oh oh, here you guys go again! :lol:
Since I lost my mind mind, I feel more liberated

Rich Bingham
First Name: Rich
Last Name: Bingham
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1913 runabout

Post by Rich Bingham » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:01 pm

As promised, Heinrich has reported to the main desk with his findings on the Miscellaneous Horseless Miracle Co.
Please refer to the “Adventures of Kalamity Dick” topic for that report, so as not to detract from regularly scheduled automobile topics. The facts as presented may astound those who regularly read and/or contribute there. We apologize for any convenience this may have caused.
"Get a horse !"

aDave
First Name: David
Last Name: Dufault
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915
MTFCA Number: 303
MTFCA Life Member: YES

Post by aDave » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:48 pm

Cabin Fever hath no season. Always welcome - unlike other fevers!

Topic author
perry kete
First Name: Dennis
Last Name: Seth
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1922 Coupe 1927 Touring

Post by perry kete » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:48 pm

My mind is dizzy as I went to the flea market and found so many assorted items I don't know if I'll have enough garage space!
If I find more miscellaneous car parts at the flea market I may explode!
1922 Coupe & 1927 Touring

frontyboy
First Name: dick
Last Name: dock
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: T sprint cars

Post by frontyboy » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:53 pm

Researching the history and financial records of the Assorted Car Company, I found the following information,

They were incorporated in late 1912 the principle stock holder and major money man was a very wealthy snake oil sales man of the name Mr Marvel. His money came from mixing Kerosene and turpentine to make a useless mixture for those less informed to add it to their automobile engines.

His business motto was there's a fool born every minute and I intend to pluck as many as possible. I will design a can that looks important and label it a "mystery oil" and the people will flock to the parts store and buy this useless liquid. His useless oil business still carries on today but his automobile venture did not fare so well, they like Tucker sold tons of assorted parts to the dealers, therefore you see them advertised to this day!!! "Assorted parts for sale"

frrontyboy :lol:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic