Already 16 months since I visited the museum?

Posts that have nothing to do with the Model T. You can post here or OT posts will be moved here.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Grizwaldo
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Grisbee
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 0

Already 16 months since I visited the museum?

Post by Grizwaldo » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:29 pm

October 2019 I needed to get to Stutzman's to pick up some wheels,get an engine in Amherst (OH) and deliver an ebay sale item in Missouri. Seemed real easy to stop by Richmond,In and see the museum. I was a bit disappointed pulling into the parking lot,modern bldg,big but not huge. There was a young man in there manning the place and some other folks looking around. In a while he asked if we were all ready to go across the street. Across the street,yea,we all wanted to go across the street. It was like old downtown on the facing and just great inside. It was Hershey time and a lot of the staff was back there so the machine shop was not in operation. He saw my interest and dropped the chain so I could go inside and check it out. There installed on the wall was the lathe clutch I had donated,it was where it belonged and just a dang good feeling. This club has helped me move some of my stuff to T collectors that needed it and it's important to give back. I'm not much of a T guy and the only one I ever saw that I wanted was on this site a couple years ago,out of the budget,but the dedication of the members here and the fun of interacting with them keeps me in.

Farmer J
First Name: Jerry
Last Name: Kramer
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 3

Re: Already 16 months since I visited the museum?

Post by Farmer J » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:10 pm

I’m very happy you got to see your donated lathe clutch in use. We got items for the machine shop donated from all over the country. I hope more people can come see what we have done here. It’s been fun the last several years transforming a dirty dingy old building into what it is today.

FreighTer Jim
First Name: James
Last Name: Jarzabek
MTFCA Number: 29562
MTFCI Number: 24398
Board Member Since: 2008

The Richmond Boys

Post by FreighTer Jim » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:53 am

What you didn’t see 👁

The local volunteers that donated countless hours
to transition the original museum and the annex
into what stands today in the ❤️ of
Old Downtown Richmond, Indiana.

“ The Museum That Saved The Town
And The Town That Saved The Museum “

That is me quoting myself 👍

Someday .....

The Vintage Ford will dedicate an issue to explaining
on how the MTFCA Museum came to be all those years ago.

“ The Richmond Boys “ made it happen then
and continue to make it happen now.

Again - I am quoting myself 😉

FJ
Google “ Model T Transport “
MTFCA - MTFCI - MAFCA Member

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic