Of photos, snow and boys with BB guns.

Posts that have nothing to do with the Model T. You can post here or OT posts will be moved here.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Duey_C
First Name: Duane
Last Name: Cooley
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 18 Runabout, 24 Runabout for 20yrs, 25 TT, late Center Door project, open express pickup
MTFCA Number: 32488
Board Member Since: 2015

Of photos, snow and boys with BB guns.

Post by Duey_C » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:38 pm

We had a nationally advertised snowstorm come thru. Very lucky here.
Right here we had 6-8 inches of new snow since the meltdown.
Here's what we were up to. We was out in the snow shootin' guns, hangin' cans and having good times as the storm was gearing up.

The boys. My Grandsons.
Ed and Gavin out shooting.
1.jpg
Ari with the cans.
2.jpg
Cans in place.
3.jpg
Almost black and white pic taken with the phone. OR A horse or two under cover from the snow.
5.jpg
Today: Ready to go ditching with the pointed, 3 sider.
10418.jpeg
Since I lost my mind mind, I feel more liberated

Dallas Landers
First Name: Dallas
Last Name: Landers
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 26 Rpu, 23 TT, 24 coupe,
MTFCA Number: 49995

Re: Of photos, snow and boys with BB guns.

Post by Dallas Landers » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:55 pm

Great photos of the boys having real fun. I put a blanket on my old horse in bad weather to.
Any snow this time of year is a real bummer. My folks didnt get the 20 inches they called for but still had pleanty. Down here in the southern states the buds are on the trees and grass is turning green.

Topic author
Duey_C
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 18 Runabout, 24 Runabout for 20yrs, 25 TT, late Center Door project, open express pickup

Post by Duey_C » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:21 pm

Oh yeah. "the buds are on the trees and grass is turning green." Nice. :-p-/-/-/- I just blew a Raspberry!
Hehehe!
Yeah, and when you've been burned from the sun too long this summer, we're just getting warmed up! :-p Another one.
Thanks Dallas :)
Hahaha! Funny story. I live under a rock but after Dallas got the 8 in 1 bed and TT, our phones messed with us for a bit and he called me and asked, "Hey, why is your telephone calling me?" I says back "Hey, your telephone was calling me." We had a good laugh and I got to talk to this fellow face to fa ...umm...Phone to phone. :)
I shoulda asked for permission on that but...

Hal
First Name: Hal
Last Name: Davis
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '22 TT Stake Bed, '18 Touring (Hers)
Board Member Since: 2005

Post by Hal » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:45 am

Good to see kids learning to shoot. There is way too much opposition to such things nowadays. My 6 year old grandson is just starting to shoot BB guns. He is small for his age and has trouble cocking a Red Rider and also holding it up for any length of time. I bought him a CO2 powered BB gun that is light weight and he is doing well with it. He really likes the little breakable disks that are maybe 2" in diameter.

Topic author
Duey_C

Post by Duey_C » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:33 pm

Thanks for that Hal. Sounds like you have a good shooter on your hands and glad you found a work-around for your grandson. :)

2 of these 3 are crack shots and I’m hoping they’ll be interested when they’re older and can sign up at school for trap shooting. Grandpa sure would help sponsor that! There is too much opposition to anything American nowadays. Tough to cock? Try a Crossman. Even harder. Wore Ed’s little arms out fast. Good for them. Maw picked up a Crossman (china) after the new red rider crapped out after 700 shots. The 25 year old Daisy’s here work good yet and I need to find mine from 40 years ago with the busted cocking lever. Gotta have at least 3 working BB guns available at all times. Whew. Man oh man do they eat BB's. Good!
The 4th grandson got a trial just lately too. We’ll get him tuned in even if he is all sports minded. Shooting is a sport too!
His dad (son) reminded him to NOT tell his mother about shooting a gun up here at grampa’s... Even if JUST a BB gun.
Next is the 11 year old granddaughter that can drive a T. :twisted:

Ya gotta show me a pic of the breakable disks!
Maw did also grab a 3 swinging target thing to stick in the ground. I can’t hit ‘em. I wiggle too much. One of the boy’s figures he’s ready to shoot my late 30‘s Mossberg 22 hanging out here in my office. He’s 7. Not yet Ed. :lol:

Hal
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '22 TT Stake Bed, '18 Touring (Hers)

Post by Hal » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:50 am

Duey,

Here is a couple of pics I got off the web. They are made of a kind of plastic and are pretty thin. Maybe 1/8". They are much smaller than a typical clay pigeon, but are a little tougher. They might break if you drop them on concrete, but they are not real fragile just to handle, so you're not likely to open a box and find any broken ones like you do clays. The little plastic post that holds them come in a kit with 2 or 4 posts and a few targets. It's best to go ahead and buy a box of targets, as there aren't many in the little starter kit that has the posts. The posts stand up pretty well to errant shots. I doubt they'll last forever, but his have been hit and did not deform too bad.
targets.jpg
targets.jpg (9.68 KiB) Viewed 3854 times
posts.jpg
posts.jpg (8.32 KiB) Viewed 3854 times

Topic author
Duey_C

Boys with BB guns.

Post by Duey_C » Fri May 10, 2019 10:58 pm

Thanks Hal! We've been on the look-out for those yet only tin cans and wiffle/golf balls yet! :)
2 of the 3 went with me thru the woods to the edge of "the meadow" (neighbors). 3rd was golfing back in the yard.
Got this shot, daughter and Maw (grandma) thought it really cool.
Boys on concrete looking over meadow and Minnewarshtub.
Attachments
20190502_180449.jpg

Hal

Post by Hal » Mon May 13, 2019 7:34 am

Cool pic Duey.

We got ours at Bass Pro, but Walmart probably has them. I don't know for sure because I choose not to darken their door for various reasons. Some of which probably have Sam Walton spinning in his grave.

Topic author
Duey_C

Post by Duey_C » Mon May 13, 2019 10:26 pm

Good for him. Let him turn.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic