I Needed a Truck !

Posts that have nothing to do with the Model T. You can post here or OT posts will be moved here.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Ruxstel24
First Name: Dave
Last Name: Hanlon
MTFCA Number: 50191
Board Member Since: 2018

I Needed a Truck !

Post by Ruxstel24 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:12 pm

Been a good while since I had a pickup and was tired off borrowing one and the waiting to do so.
A little over a year ago, a longtime customer passed quickly from the big "C" and right before he offered his truck to me. After he died (again, very quickly), his wife hem hawed and said a family member wanted it...
Fast forward to a couple weeks ago. She called and said it was for sale again if I wanted it still.
I thought awhile and contacted her yesterday. Went over and talked, when I told her I wanted it for myself, before I could say a price. She says "just give me a thousand, Todd would be happy to know you have it"!! :)

98 Ram 1500 4X4, some rust, but only 75,000 miles and I have done all the work to it for the last 8 years and he fixed everything. Needs a brake line, but that's about it.
Attachments
IMG_4200.JPG
IMG_4198.JPG
IMG_4197.JPG

Duey_C
First Name: Duane
Last Name: Cooley
MTFCA Number: 32488
Board Member Since: 2015

Re: I Needed a Truck !

Post by Duey_C » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:15 pm

A fella needs a truck! Good for you, your (RIP) friend and his wife. Sounds like good folks Dave.
I'm so damned happy to be back in a pickup. It'd been near 10 Years without.
Some danged old Tennessee tractor steel wheel is living in his box right now and hogging the room.
Since I lost my mind mind, I feel more liberated

Topic author
Ruxstel24
First Name: Dave
Last Name: Hanlon
MTFCA Number: 50191
Board Member Since: 2018

Post by Ruxstel24 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:33 pm

Thanks Duey !! Yes, good people, still some around. I always treated them fair and I guess a little came back to me. :D
Fixed the brake line today, lubed everything I could think of. Got tags and insurance. Rotated the tires, first time, I think. Cleaned the inside.
Still on the fence about fixing the body or running the wheels off. I found a place with both front fenders (repops), for $125 !!

Inside before cleaning.
Attachments
IMG_4211.JPG
IMG_4209.JPG
IMG_4208.JPG

Hal
First Name: Hal
Last Name: Davis
Board Member Since: 2005

Post by Hal » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:49 am

I can't imagine life without a truck. I commute 160 miles roundtrip, so i don't drive my truck everyday, but I still can't imagine not owning one. When you need one, you need one. I've known people that seem to get by with a utility trailer behind their car when they just HAD to haul something, but that ain't for me. I've got a couple of trailers, but they get pulled behind........the TRUCK.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic