Babbitt bearing service

Topic author
Gene_French
First Name: Gene
Last Name: French
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Roadster pkup.
MTFCA Number: 15614
Board Member Since: 2014

Babbitt bearing service

Post by Gene_French » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:39 pm

i am offering my "Home rebuilder " bearing service again ... this is for pouring and lineboring the mainbearings in Model A and Model T Ford mainbearings only ...this requires a completely disassembled and cleaned motor block , mainbearing caps and bolts and your re-ground or new crankshaft ... i will pour babbitt and linebore the mains , cut oil grooves and side wells in bearings ... a laminated shim pack is supplied by me ... turn around time is 3 weeks from my receiving at my site in northern Colorado ... any shipping or drop off/pickup is the customers responsibility ... i recommend you do a detailed inspection of all components to assure suitability ...price for Model T is $450 , Model A is $550 ...Gene French ph. 970-581-2808 physical address is : Gene French 49519 cr23 Nunn, Colorado 80648 U.S.A.
babbitt.jpg
bab2.jpg
bab.jpg
amaincap.jpg

Henry K. Lee
First Name: Henry
Last Name: Lee
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Many
MTFCA Number: 479
MTFCA Life Member: YES

Re: Babbitt bearing service

Post by Henry K. Lee » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:06 pm

NICE WORK GENE!!!!!!!!!!

Hank

Barteldes
First Name: Bill
Last Name: Barteldes
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1924 Coup

Post by Barteldes » Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:46 am

Gene, Just bought my first Model T and i don't know much about it yet. 24 Coupe. How do i know if my bearings are ready to be replaced are there any warning signs without taking the engine apart? You shim them until you run out of room right?
I live in CO.
BIll B
No matter how you shake and dance the last few drops go down your pants.

Mark Gregush
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Gregush
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 cutdown PU, 1920 Dodge touring, 1948 F2 Ford flat head 6 pickup 3 speed
MTFCA Number: 52564
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by Mark Gregush » Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:08 pm

Barteldes wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:46 am
Gene, Just bought my first Model T and i don't know much about it yet. 24 Coupe. How do i know if my bearings are ready to be replaced are there any warning signs without taking the engine apart? You shim them until you run out of room right?
I live in CO.
Two things, might try contacting/messaging Gene directly or post this question on the general forum. The engine might not even have shims to reset the clearance and the only outward sign might be if the there is noise coming from the crank/bearings. Because of how the Model T engine is made, with the flywheel/transmission hanging off the back, checking the bearings in place without pulling the engine is not advisable.
I know the voices aren't real but damn they have some good ideas! :shock:

1925 Cut down pickup
1920 Dodge touring
1948 Ford F2 pickup

Topic author
Gene_French
First Name: Gene
Last Name: French
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Roadster pkup.
MTFCA Number: 15614
Board Member Since: 2014

Post by Gene_French » Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:19 am

I will be picking up several model T blocks at Chickasha to re-babbitt mains for customers ... this will save shipping in 1 direction ... i return ship using Fed-ex ...Gene French

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic