Model T museum hours

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Kelly T
First Name: Kelly
Last Name: Tytlandsvik
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 Roadster Pickup

Model T museum hours

Post by Kelly T » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:18 pm

Hi Guys

Can someone tell me the hours that the museum in Richmond is open? I plan on going through the area next week on Mon or Tues. The website says winter hours are 10-4 Tuesday to Sunday but when I phone they say they are open only Friday Saturday and Sunday. Can someone clarify this for me?

Thanks

Kelly T

perry kete
First Name: Dennis
Last Name: Seth
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1922 Coupe 1927 Touring

Re: Model T museum hours

Post by perry kete » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:45 pm

If you have a tire iron you can get in anytime you want BUT if you want to enter legally then try calling when they are open to ask for someone to meet you to show you around. They used to do that in the past and hopefully will meet with you when you pass through,
1922 Coupe & 1927 Touring

Don D
First Name: Don
Last Name: Demio
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1919 T
MTFCA Number: 27167
MTFCI Number: 20405

Post by Don D » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:49 pm

Kelly,

Could the variation between the two be explained by the difference between the Metric and English systems of measurement? :-)

Sorry I can't answer your question but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to share a little humor.

Drive safely and enjoy the trip,
Dom

Topic author
Kelly T

Post by Kelly T » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:01 pm

I will try call them again tomorrow. I think I just missed them due to time change. ( we are on Metric time!) I sure would like to see the museum since my travels take me close to there. If I used the tire iron I may not make it to the Daytona 500 in time!

Thanks for the reply.

Kelly T

Allan
First Name: Allan
Last Name: Bennett
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1912 van, 1917 shooting brake, 1929 roadster buckboard, 1924 tourer, 1925 barn find buckboard, 1925 D &F wide body roadster, 1927LHD Tudor sedan.

Post by Allan » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:52 am

Dom, just for your enlightenment, there is no difference in time measurement between metric and the imperial systems.

If there were 10 hours in a day, how would workers feel about less than 1/4Hr for a lunch break? How would you like to get up at 2.30 each day instead of 6am? How would you like to pay 2.5 times as much per hour for any work you had done? About the only positive would be a T could do 100mph easily.

Allan from down under.

Don D
First Name: Don
Last Name: Demio
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1919 T
MTFCA Number: 27167
MTFCI Number: 20405

Post by Don D » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:36 am

Allan,

The only thing I have more trouble with than numbers is words, especially when I talk. :-)

You have a wonderful country. I was in your back yard last July when I ran the Gold Coast Marathon. I hope the fires die down for you guys.

Have a great day,
Dom

Topic author
Kelly T

Post by Kelly T » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:09 pm

I called them today. They are back to Tuesday to Sunday 10-4 starting Feb 1st so that should work for me!

Now for the metric world. I remember when Canada switched to Metric in the 70s. So someone my age drives 100 KPH (62 MPH) reads temperature in Celsius when looking at the weather forecast but reads the radiator temperature in Fahrenheit. I hate metric tape measures......we build houses in Imperial.... feet and inches. Foot ball is played on a field that is 100 Yards long not meters. We convert litres per 100 kilometre to miles per gallon so we can visualize it! Vehicles can be a mixture of both metric and imperial bolts! They measure rain fall in MM...I read in Tenths of an inch....in the US you use 100ths of an inch. The reason we did this they claim is because the rest of the world is metric!!!!! ( I live 10 miles from the US border and my wife is from the US)

So after the metric system was implemented ..... we had a political party that kind of made a mockery out of converting to the metric system. They said since we want to be like the rest of the world we should drive on the other side of the road too! But we shouldn't change all at once it would be too much of a change all at once! So they thought trucks and buses should drive on the left side for the first month then after that the Cars would change to the left side then too! LOL I cant remember what the party was called! But I think they even got a vote or 2! LOL

Kelly T

Topic author
Kelly T

Post by Kelly T » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:11 pm

Rhinoceros party was the name of the political party.

Kelly T

Allan
First Name: Allan
Last Name: Bennett
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1912 van, 1917 shooting brake, 1929 roadster buckboard, 1924 tourer, 1925 barn find buckboard, 1925 D &F wide body roadster, 1927LHD Tudor sedan.

Post by Allan » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:03 pm

We started our metric conversion in 1966 with decimal currency. Since then, all weights and measures have come over. It takes time, but it is of great benefit. It is much easier to measure and cut a length of timber to .370m than 1 foot,2 and 9/16 inches. About the only conversion this 73 year old has not got his head around is in measuring bearing clearances and such in other than thousandths of an inch, perhaps because I do not do a lot of that work.

Allan from down under.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic