Houston to northern Ohio

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Dropacent
First Name: Tim
Last Name: Morsher
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925TT, 1926 Martin-Parry bodied wagon, 1927 mercury bodied speedster

Houston to northern Ohio

Post by Dropacent » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:58 pm

I need a couple unrestored vintage motor scooters hauled from Houston to northern Ohio. Anywhere in Ohio would work. If you are traveling and have a bit of room let me know. Tmorsher@icloud.com Thanks, Tim

Pep C Strebeck
First Name: Joseph
Last Name: M
MTFCA Number: 0

Re: Houston to northern Ohio

Post by Pep C Strebeck » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:03 pm

Not to hijack your thread but I have often asked myself why the website administrators don't create a special section for hauling requests? I am over on the Farmall Cub website farmallcub.com (as well as here) and there is a heading for the Cub Express. Members of the forum traveling to-and-fro with empty trucks or trailers or others looking to have parts hauled post their needs/requests just like Tim has, just in a dedicated section. Every time I have some extra space I always look to see if I can lend a transportation-hand (I have a few times, Northern Michigan to Toledo). It is nothing that is managed by any club, group or forum, just a section on the "forum-of-common-interest" that helps to put forum members together that need some help getting parts that are too big to ship (economically) moved, friends helping friends. Anyway, just a thought. Any interest in developing a "T Express" for helping out moving parts?
"Remember son, there are two ways to do this: The right way, and your way” Thanks Dad, I love you too.

LOOKING FOR A LUFKIN No. 9A Height Gage Attachment.

Topic author
Dropacent
First Name: Tim
Last Name: Morsher
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925TT, 1926 Martin-Parry bodied wagon, 1927 mercury bodied speedster

hauling items

Post by Dropacent » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:11 pm

Great idea Joe, I’m bumping this to say that I found a ride for my scoots. Thanks forum ! Maybe someone forward your idea to the administrator, sounds like a great idea, at least to me. I don’t much any more but for years had empty trailers going one way, or another. It would be nice to help someone and get some fresh green lettuce on top of it.

Bills Auto Works
First Name: Bill
Last Name: Squires
MTFCA Number: 49996
Board Member Since: 2011

Post by Bills Auto Works » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:02 am

Glad to see you got a ride for your Scooters Tim!

I still had your request posted here on my board in the office, but after the travel restrictions are lifted I have weeks of stuff in the eastern third of the country to catch up on. I felt bad because i wanted to help you being so close, but there is no way I am going to take a chance having somebodies baby impounded because I got stopped in another state. I care too much about my fellow car guys.

Joes' idea is a good one, but it would go the way of of the ones on many other forums...That "one guy" who 90% of the folks on the forum despise would monopolize it & then folks would avoid it like it had the Chinese Corona Virus.

God Bless & Happy Easter
Bill
https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/thr ... ed.614419/
Your QUALITY Model T Transporter in Business Since 1983 & Still Going Strong

57,64,66 Pont
(2)66 Amb
67 Marlin
67 Toro
73 Nova
(2)92 XJS
07 XLR-V

mtntee20
First Name: Terry & Sharon
Last Name: Miller
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1920 Center Door, 1920 TTWood cab Farm Truck with cable dump grain bed, 1920 TT C-Cab with express bed, 1927 Wood body Dairy Delivery truck
MTFCA Number: 32583
Board Member Since: 2017

Post by mtntee20 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:24 am

On the Old Wood Working Machines (OWWM) forum, we have a section titled: Rucker's Rodeo. A person who is traveling and will haul an item for you is called a Rucker. The Rucker will haul for a "donation" of sorts. Usually, it's some donation towards fuel expenses. The larger the item, the longer the haul, usually gets a larger donation.

Having a Rucker's Rodeo section on this forum would be nice as the shipping prices are getting to be just insane.

Good Luck,
Terry

Bob McDaniel
First Name: Bob
Last Name: McDaniel
MTFCA Number: 28428
Board Member Since: 2007

Post by Bob McDaniel » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:33 am

Most of the time when I am going to pick up a part or car for myself I will post room to haul one way but almost never have anyone take me up on it. The only time I remember hauling something was the one time a couple years ago I went to Hershey and picked up some small parts for one of our T guys here and dropped them off at his house on my way home. I did not want paid because it was not out of my way to do this anyway. It is a good idea that we could all benefit from.
Give an old car guy a barn and he won't throw anything away.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic