Early Bridge Washer

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Original Smith
First Name: Larry
Last Name: Smith
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 13 Touring, 13 Roadster, 17 Coupelet, 25 Roadster P/U
MTFCA Number: 121
MTFCA Life Member: YES
MTFCI Number: 16310

Early Bridge Washer

Post by Original Smith » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:39 pm

This is the early two piece bridge washer. Next to it is the second style, where the round part was swaged to the main part. The second style is pictured to the left for clarification.
I did my first installation about 15 years ago, and has been on the car ever since with a 777 valve stem. When it goes back on, it will have an 888 which is 1/4" shorter and weighs less. I used to pick up these parts for a dollar or two, but now people are catching on, FINALLY! Too bad Coker and the rest of them don't wish to do this correctly!
Attachments
Two Piece Bridge Washer.JPG

YellowTRacer
First Name: Ed
Last Name: Archer
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1909 replica Transcontinental race car, 1915 2 man race car, 1918 American bodied speedster
MTFCA Number: 19
MTFCA Life Member: YES
Board Member Since: 2009

Re: Early Bridge Washer

Post by YellowTRacer » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:55 pm

Thanks for the clarification Larry. I never thought of one as being early and one late. They both work fine though, been using them for 20+ years and knock on wood so far no problems

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic