Tool Help Please!

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Belliott3
First Name: Bill
Last Name: Elliott
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1916 Model T Touring
MTFCA Number: 52438
MTFCI Number: 22121
Board Member Since: 2006

Tool Help Please!

Post by Belliott3 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:31 pm

As you all know, my son recently joined the T addiction club with the purchase of his first T - a 1926 Tudor. He's decided to just run with the distributor that was put on and he's got it running pretty good, but now he's working on the front axle and putting new kingpins in. I must have borrowed the correct tool for facing the brass bushings when I did mine so does anyone have one he could borrow? I think Lang's used to sell them but he's on a limited budget and would really appreciate borrowing one. He's willing to pay the postage to and from and/or pay for the use of the correct tool. Thanks ahead of time for your kindness - you all have been more than generous in your actions in the past.

Jerry VanOoteghem
First Name: Jerry
Last Name: Van
MTFCA Number: 24868

Re: Tool Help Please!

Post by Jerry VanOoteghem » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:50 pm

Bill,

I believe the Casual T's may have what you're looking for in our "tool share" toolbox. Contact Steve Shotwell for more info. Honestly though, it's been a while since "tool share" has been mentioned, so hopefully we still do it!

Topic author
Belliott3
First Name: Bill
Last Name: Elliott
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1916 Model T Touring
MTFCA Number: 52438
MTFCI Number: 22121
Board Member Since: 2006

Post by Belliott3 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:43 pm

Jerry, thanks for the heads up on the tool share! I see there is a reamer for the kingpin but not the facing tool; I'll still contact Steve though.

John_Aldrich
First Name: John
Last Name: Aldrich
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915, 1923. 1927

Post by John_Aldrich » Fri May 01, 2020 12:56 pm

Belliott3 wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:31 pm
As you all know, my son recently joined the T addiction club with the purchase of his first T - a 1926 Tudor. He's decided to just run with the distributor that was put on and he's got it running pretty good, but now he's working on the front axle and putting new kingpins in. I must have borrowed the correct tool for facing the brass bushings when I did mine so does anyone have one he could borrow? I think Lang's used to sell them but he's on a limited budget and would really appreciate borrowing one. He's willing to pay the postage to and from and/or pay for the use of the correct tool. Thanks ahead of time for your kindness - you all have been more than generous in your actions in the past.
I have one he can borrow. Just got to find it.

360-340-2583
John Aldrich
Typical Model T Addict

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic