Museum seeking T or TT truck

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
TexasTea
First Name: Jim
Last Name: Baker

Museum seeking T or TT truck

Post by TexasTea » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:00 pm

Howdy Everyone,
I am the director of a small aviation museum ( Texas Barnstorming Museum, [ www.whereolddogsfly.org] ) in South Central Texas. We are seeking a Model T, any model, (or TT ideally) , to supplement our displays and activities, either for loan/display or donation. We provide flight and mechanical instruction to area high school youth. There is alot more information on our website.
We are a (501c(3), and fund the kids activities with a variety of fundraisers and fly in events. We need a promotional vehicle to use in parades, perhaps put a tank in the back and look like an old time aviation fuel truck, etc. Im sure you get the idea... just about any vehicle thats period correct to fit in with our late 1920s and 30’s aircraft, and use for promotion.
Being a restoration facility, we have pretty extensive machine, paint and welding capabilities. We can, and do, about anything on old equipment.
If yall know of someone that might have an old Model T (truck or car) that would perhaps consider us for donation, could you pleas have them contact me. The website is the easiest, or post. I can be reached (361)772-6434. Like previously mentioned, we are a registered 501c(3), and can provide all tax forms, information and appraisals.
Thanks much for the opportunity to reach out. I love model Ts, (although the 3 pedal thing still requires concentration on my part to drive!) Please visit the website and let me know what you think.
Any comments and advice appreciated!
Thanks again,
Jim

Farmer J
First Name: Jerry
Last Name: Kramer
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 3

Re: Museum seeking T or TT truck

Post by Farmer J » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:24 am

If you need a fuel delivery tank for a TT, we have one for free at the MTFCA Museum.

Topic author
TexasTea
First Name: Jim
Last Name: Baker

Post by TexasTea » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:57 am

Thank You Very much! I’ll let you know what we find and if it’s needed. Thank you so much for the support!
Jim.

George House
First Name: George
Last Name: House
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: ‘10 Maxwell AA, ‘11Hupp Model 20, Two 1914 Ford runabouts, 19 centerdoor, 25 C Cab,26 roadster
MTFCA Number: 115
MTFCA Life Member: YES
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by George House » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:15 am

Jim,...contact Heff and Luke Cordes our at Engle. They have a bunch of Model T s - even a tractor trailer TT !
I don’t know why I turned out this way. My parents were decent people.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic