Katie Across the Nation

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Jugster
First Name: Bob
Last Name: Coiro
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 Touring
Board Member Since: 2009

Katie Across the Nation

Post by Jugster » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:00 pm

Here in Suffolk County, New York, the hottest hot-spot for the Covid-19 virus in the United States, I and most of my neighbors under the protective custody of voluntary house-arrest are just about climbing the draperies out of an odd combination of boredom and anxiety—two paradoxical emotions which now seem to be close companions. Having exhausted network television's prime-time offerings, I've resorted to The Geriatric Channel with its never-ending parade of Gilligan's Island, Gomer Pyle, Maude, etc. (not to mention commercials touting adult diapers, silver-label vitamins, ED pills, reverse-mortgages and life insurance that doesn't require a physical exam). Having not yet felt sufficiently desperate to lower myself to the level of network reality shows, I found myself perusing YouTube and ran into an old friend. This is definitely a worthy re-run and nobody ever did it better than Katie! Start here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5raE84nlDck

Angmar
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Bailey
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1918 Roadster P/U
MTFCA Number: 50335
Board Member Since: 2016

Re: Katie Across the Nation

Post by Angmar » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:05 pm

Fun videos, is there a page where you can see all of the videos for the trip?
Still crankin old iron

DHort
First Name: Dave
Last Name: Hjortnaes
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 24 Speedster, 20 touring
MTFCA Number: 28762
MTFCI Number: 22402

Post by DHort » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:51 pm

Mark, just type Katie Across the Nation in the you tube search box and you can select the one you want to see. Maybe youtube has a way to put them in sequence, but I have never been able to find it. Wonder where Katie is now?

Don D
First Name: Don
Last Name: Demio
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1919 T
MTFCA Number: 27167
MTFCI Number: 20405

Post by Don D » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:39 am

David,

Katie is alive and well. I saw her just over a month ago while visiting Luray Caverns in Virginia. BTW she is a new mother and her parents Dennis and Martha are proud grandparents. We who went across the country in 2009 enjoyed and appreciate all of her work to record and preserve our trip of a lifetime.

Stay safe and wash your hands,
Dom

Angmar
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Bailey
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1918 Roadster P/U
MTFCA Number: 50335
Board Member Since: 2016

Post by Angmar » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:26 am

Thanks for the update on that young lady. Those videos show the very essence of what the t club is and can do. Being in the club can be a fun experience, that and being able to share it all with the other members is icing on the cake.
Still crankin old iron

Jerry VanOoteghem
First Name: Jerry
Last Name: Van
MTFCA Number: 24868

Post by Jerry VanOoteghem » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:42 pm

Dom Denio wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:39 am
David,

Katie is alive and well. I saw her just over a month ago while visiting Luray Caverns in Virginia. BTW she is a new mother and her parents Dennis and Martha are proud grandparents. We who went across the country in 2009 enjoyed and appreciate all of her work to record and preserve our trip of a lifetime.

Stay safe and wash your hands,
Dom
What a great family they are, like so many in this hobby! Happy to read of her new baby. Good news is even better in difficult times. Thanks!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic