Ohio Jamboree

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Joe Bell
First Name: Joe
Last Name: Bell
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 24 Fordor
MTFCI Number: 24066

Ohio Jamboree

Post by Joe Bell » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:53 pm

Was talking to Dave Nolting this morning about the Jamboree, was wondering of peoples thought of it this year? We had started planning it then this virus has happened. The group did not know if we should continue planning it or wait till next year, since some places of interest may not be open to the public. If that does happen it would be more of just a driving Jamboree? We would like to know of what people think. Thanks Joe

pdgriesse
First Name: Paul
Last Name: Griesse
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1912 touring 1924 touring
MTFCI Number: 19738

Re: Ohio Jamboree

Post by pdgriesse » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:38 pm

Hey Joe----We`re hoping you will continue the planning! Labor day weekend is 4 months away--I`d predict most folks will by then be back to normal. We`ve always enjoyed the Tiffin Ohio Jamboree and happy to sign-up, even if its a driving only Jamboree! Thanks. Paul

Jerry VanOoteghem
First Name: Jerry
Last Name: Van
MTFCA Number: 24868

Post by Jerry VanOoteghem » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:37 pm

Joe,

As Paul points out, it's still a long way off. Even if the tour has to be modified somewhat, as long as things are such that it can still be done safely, I'd consider going. Maybe skip the banquet, and other group related aspects. Will depend however on a MUCH improved virus outlook. If it were happening in the next month or two, I'd probably stay at home.

Topic author
Joe Bell

Post by Joe Bell » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:41 pm

The Jamboree is going to be based out of Upper Sandusky Ohio touring Friday around Upper, then Saturdays Tour will be to Marion Ohio, Sunday may head towards Tiffin and back country roads. We are wondering if there is enough interest to continue with it? The Hotel is blocked for the jamboree and plenty of room for the rigs to park. We are going to meet again the first part of May to figure some more out.

rofirestone
First Name: Roy
Last Name: Stone
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 Touring--1925 Tudor
MTFCA Number: 23830
MTFCI Number: 18986

Post by rofirestone » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:55 pm

Joe, I feel the same as Jerry.

Hope to see you this fall. Roy Stone

Tmooreheadf
First Name: Tom
Last Name: Moorehead
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 24 Touring, 25 Coupe,
MTFCA Number: 22348
MTFCI Number: 18916

Post by Tmooreheadf » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:16 pm

We always enjoy the Jamboree. It would be disappointing to not have it. But the safety and health of the attendees is paramount. We would love to attend and really like that area. There is 4 months to go. Seeing old friends and traveling the back roads is fun. Please continue to plan the event and make the decision later. You'd be surprised how quick one can be put together for mostly driving. Should be interesting to see what the motel situation is. And the banquet is not mandatory. Ohio is beginning to open up. I'd say in 2 months the decision will be easy.
Thanks, Joe, for stepping up and doing it. Your efforts are appreciated no matter the outcome!
Tom

Topic author
Joe Bell

Post by Joe Bell » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:24 pm

Tom,
It is more of the wives than us Cheri, Dianna, Becky, and My bride Tami they are more of the planners to make this happen, Dave Nolting started all of this after Marrietta swap meet.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic