26/27 Roadster Doors

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Bill Crosby
First Name: Bill
Last Name: Crosby
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1916 Touring, 1920 Coupe, 1926 RPU, 1927 RPU, 25 speedster project
Board Member Since: 2016

26/27 Roadster Doors

Post by Bill Crosby » Fri May 22, 2020 9:21 pm

Are 26 & 27 roadster doors all the same? I have a 26 roadster and It appears that the doors that came with my project are 27 based on the door latches. I am having a difficult time fitting the doors.

Thank you
Bill

Scottio

Re: 26/27 Roadster Doors

Post by Scottio » Fri May 22, 2020 11:15 pm

I don’t know but I can send you pictures of the doors from my 26 Roadster if it will help.

Arnie
First Name: Arnie
Last Name: Johansen

Re: 26/27 Roadster Doors

Post by Arnie » Sat May 23, 2020 12:25 am

Yes there are differences in the roadster doors. The four holes in the inside metal panel are a different size, and the hole for the side curtain rod was changed to eliminate a bushing, and the door latch was changed. Also the hinge mounting area was changed. So in summary yes there were some changes but when I do not know. For instance I have a roadster with one door with big inner panel holes and another with small inner panel holes. Perhaps it came that way or perhaps someone changed a door during its life.

Arnie

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic