26 gas tank

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
tdump
First Name: Mack
Last Name: Cole
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: TT. T express pickup,speedster project.
MTFCA Number: 28146

26 gas tank

Post by tdump » Fri May 29, 2020 11:24 pm

I found in my stash,2 26-7 fuel tanks. 1 is kinda crappy inside,the other clean as a pin inside but it has a couple rust spots from the outside in that I would need to weld up. I am going to try to send my little camera on a wire down in it this weekend and make sure it is as nice inside out of sight as it is in sight.
IF it needs cleaning and lineing,does it have to come apart because of the baffles?
I am thinking of using it on my speedster if possiable as my seat and so forth are going to make the battery a bit of a problem to get to with a gas tank sitting over it. :roll:
If you can't help em, don't hinder em'

jab35
First Name: James
Last Name: Bartsch
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '26 Coupe
MTFCA Number: 30615
MTFCA Life Member: YES

Re: 26 gas tank

Post by jab35 » Sat May 30, 2020 8:34 am

Mack: Don't cut open those tanks unless they are totally rusted out. Those '26-'27 cowl tanks are an endangered species. Good luck with your project, jb

John.Zibell
First Name: John
Last Name: Zibell
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Tudor
MTFCA Number: 30265
MTFCI Number: 24046

Re: 26 gas tank

Post by John.Zibell » Sat May 30, 2020 8:34 am

If either tank needs lining some radiator shops do an excellent job. They will hot tank your fuel tank, then apply an ethanol resistant liner compound. They may cut a couple holes to inspect for complete coating then seal the holes. We have a shop in Huntsville AL that does this.
1926 Tudor

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic