A big thanks to the board and a specific board member...

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Corvette Guy
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Jones

A big thanks to the board and a specific board member...

Post by Corvette Guy » Sat May 30, 2020 10:58 pm

I recently picked up a couple of Model TTs, which I knew nothing about other than they were cool. Needless to say, I started reading the forums and eventually got hooked up with a local board member who had a couple of Model Ts and a TT. I'm not going to name him, but he knows who he is and he can come forward if he wants. Anyhow, he's been a huge help and has answered tons of questions and last week he invited me over to look at his TT and swap some parts.

My plan is to get the trucks back on the road and I feel that I'm saving a piece of history for the next generation. It amazes me that a nearly 100 year old truck is still in one piece and running. It also amazes me the amount of knowledge that is freely shared on the board and offline.

Thanks to all.

Burger in Spokane
First Name: Brent
Last Name: Burger
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 TT closed cab flatbed
Board Member Since: 2014

Re: A big thanks to the board and a specific board member...

Post by Burger in Spokane » Sat May 30, 2020 11:02 pm

Another one hooked !

All part of the evil plan ! Hehehehe ! :twisted:
More people are doing it today than ever before !

OilyBill
First Name: William
Last Name: May
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1914 Runabout

Post by OilyBill » Sat May 30, 2020 11:21 pm

Corvette Guy:
I must regretfully inform you that you have fallen into a world domination plan, run by cats. If we were mice, they would offer us cheese, but since we are human, they dangle Model T's in front of us. Just so you are aware, going in.
Enjoy your trucks! I'm sure you will have a blast!

Topic author
Corvette Guy

Post by Corvette Guy » Sat May 30, 2020 11:43 pm

Ya tell me about. I spent the day painting some wheels and chasing threads on some new to me dismountable wheel bolts / lugs.
Attachments
1CA31613-4CC7-48DA-902B-DD62047180D2.jpeg

D Stroud
First Name: David
Last Name: Stroud
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 Coupe
Board Member Since: 2011

Post by D Stroud » Sun May 31, 2020 6:10 am

Hey Scott. I hope you didn't get to know Dallas Landers, he for sure will lead you down a sad path! ;) ;) ;) Just kidding, he became the next caretaker of our TT that I and my deceased friend for 53 years had chased parts for and other T's and TT's for years since the mid '60's when we were in our early teens. Dallas has done an incredibil job of building it like I wanted to, but I just didn't have the skills or equipment to do it. I was lucky enough to find the 8in1 Body at a farm sale in Southwest IA in the late '90's and had no idea how unusual it was at the time. I have only seen one other one and that was in Murdo SD. That was where I found out that it was an 8in1 Body. Dallas came here to our place to look at some other "junk " and I made him a deal that he "couldn't refuse". :) :) :) :) :) We are so blessed that he took on the project. Dave
1925 mostly original coupe.

Henry K. Lee
First Name: Henry
Last Name: Lee
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Many
MTFCA Number: 479
MTFCA Life Member: YES

Post by Henry K. Lee » Sun May 31, 2020 7:33 am

Dallas is probably one of the greatest instigators, corrupters of the uninformed, and just an all around GREAT Guy! Be careful of others like him! LOL

Hank

Dallas Landers
First Name: Dallas
Last Name: Landers
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 26 Rpu, 23 TT, 24 coupe,
MTFCA Number: 49995

Post by Dallas Landers » Sun May 31, 2020 9:10 am

Drats! The secret society of the TT has been exposed. Scott, I am just paying it forward. So many here have helped me with knowledge and parts that I cant help but pass it on. I try to soak up all things historical so I can tell others. It takes a special person to drive a T that is slow in todays hurry up world. It really takes a twisted mind to want to drive a TT. To slow down and smell the roses is a good thing. In a TT you can almost watch the roses grow as you go by! :lol:

We are really just caretakers of these old fords for the next generation of like minded loons. You are making good progress. Has your wife talked you into a cab like mine? Im glad you are getting the TT's back on the road so you can help poison the minds of others with the Model T bug. I look forward to more progress reports on your TT's. I was told you cant have just one. You started with two so your ahead of the game. A word of caution, they breed like rabbits. You have seen my place!

Topic author
Corvette Guy

Post by Corvette Guy » Sun May 31, 2020 10:43 am

Busted, so much for OPSEC....

Dave, I think I now have some of your old parts.

Dallas, I'm still trying to figure the cab out. My friends say it's going to look like a tree house, I hope not. The DMV still hasn't cashed my check, one thing at a time. After lunch I'm back to the barn to paint some more rims and other stuff. The front 30x3.5 tube is toast, I hope the rear TT tube fares better.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic