Posting Photos to Classified or Discussion Forum

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
ModelTWoods
First Name: Terry
Last Name: Woods
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1927 Model T coupe, 1926 4 door sedan
MTFCI Number: 20180

Posting Photos to Classified or Discussion Forum

Post by ModelTWoods » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:58 am

In reading a post on the classifieds forum, if I read the answer to a post correctly, the poster answering the original post, seemed to be insinuating that he was 'challenged', when it came to posting photos on either the classified or discussion forum. I don't claim to be a computer wiz. Recently, I had to get help from another forum member to resolve my hacked email problem, but posting pictures to this forum is not rocket science, and if any member is having problems and contacts me, I'll give any advice that I can to help him.

Steve Jelf
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Jelf
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1923 touring and a few projects
MTFCA Number: 16175
MTFCI Number: 14758
Board Member Since: 2007

Re: Posting Photos to Classified or Discussion Forum

Post by Steve Jelf » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:04 pm

I always tell people to have a kid or a grand kid teach them how. :D
The inevitable often happens.
1915 Runabout
1923 Touring

Dropacent
First Name: Tim
Last Name: Morsher
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925TT, 1926 Martin-Parry bodied wagon, 1927 mercury bodied speedster

Post by Dropacent » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:50 pm

If I can dood it, ANYONE can dood it, too

Norman Kling
First Name: Norman
Last Name: Kling

Post by Norman Kling » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:15 pm

I think it has something to do with downloading from a cell phone. Depending on the angle you held the phone in relation to the picture. I always download into my pictures first and rotate the picture the way I want it to appear, then copy the picture from My Pictures to the post and it seems to come out right side up.
Norm

DLodge
First Name: Dick
Last Name: Lodge
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1924 Touring
MTFCA Number: 19659
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by DLodge » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:29 pm

Norman Kling wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:15 pm
I think it has something to do with downloading from a cell phone.
I believe Norm is right. I never have a problem posting a picture from my desktop computer. I never post pictures from my cell phone, so I don't know what the pitfalls are there. I have a tendency to go with what works. (Perhaps it's a Model T thing.)

Wayne Sheldon
First Name: Wayne
Last Name: Sheldon
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 Runabout 1913 Speedster
Board Member Since: 2005

Post by Wayne Sheldon » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:56 pm

I never had much trouble getting pictures from my computer onto the website. However since my old digital camera died and we had to replace it with a new one? I can't figure out a decent way to get pictures from my camera onto my computer!
My wife and my son have tried talking me into getting a "smart" (?) phone. But when I watch them using theirs, they are constantly griping and complaining about how it works, and saying things like"Now what did you do that for?" Followed by flying fingers trying to find a way back to where they were.
So why would I want a piece of junk that costs a couple hundred dollars, doesn't do what I want it to do, and tries to tell me what it thinks I want when it has NO clue about what I want?

It is not the technology that I hate. It is the self-important idiots they hire to do the programming.

DHort
First Name: Dave
Last Name: Hjortnaes
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 24 Speedster, 20 touring
MTFCA Number: 28762
MTFCI Number: 22402

Post by DHort » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:37 pm

YOu can remove the chip from your phone and insert into computer to download photos, or connect a cable from camera to PC. Have someone show you how and write down every step and practice. You will get it.

david_dewey
First Name: David
Last Name: Dewey
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1916 touring, 1925 runaboaut, 1926 Tudor
MTFCI Number: 19936
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by david_dewey » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:12 am

Wayne, you are 100% right--I have a smart phone and it is always out-smarting me. I wish I still had my flip phone. However, I have learned how to---most of the time--get pictures from it to the computer using the charging cable. However, there are photos I can see on the phone, that do not download to the computer. Those brilliant kids at the phone store haven't made them show up either! Something to do with "the cloud" but it was a sunny day. .
T'ake care,
David Dewey

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic