Shout out for Smith and Jones

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Tmooreheadf
First Name: Tom
Last Name: Moorehead
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 24 Touring, 25 Coupe,
MTFCA Number: 22348
MTFCI Number: 18916

Shout out for Smith and Jones

Post by Tmooreheadf » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:32 pm

It had been a while since I have ordered parts from Smith and Jones in SC. I ordered the wrong door hinge mounted mirror for my 24 Coupe. I called them and they said send it back. Shipping cost would have made that too expensive to return on my mistake.
I ordered the correct mirror, with the help of someone in the shop, on Tuesday afternoon. Low and behold, it was in the mailbox this afternoon. You can't beat that kind of service. No minimum handling charges. The lady that answers the phone has the most pleasant southern accent that I could listen to for hours.
I'm not suggesting you should change from your regular supplier, if they are doing a good job. But you might want to order a catalog from these folks and gives them a shot at good service.
Not only that, you get to hear the nice lady on the phone. On line orders are accepted, but why bother when you can talk to someone who appreciates your business!

tdump
First Name: Mack
Last Name: Cole
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: TT. T express pickup,speedster project.
MTFCA Number: 28146

Re: Shout out for Smith and Jones

Post by tdump » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:34 pm

Yea,I have ordered early on Monday and it be here tuesday afternoon. I buy parts from them sometimes,kinda split up my orders between several of the venders.
If you can't help em, don't hinder em'

geezert
First Name: Alan
Last Name: McClure
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1923 coupe, 1915 touring

Post by geezert » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:47 pm

that southern lady's name is Amelia! and yes she is so pleasant to talk to along with everyone there

Pops
First Name: David
Last Name: Houston
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 13,14,19,21,&etc
MTFCA Number: 32227
MTFCI Number: 23901

Post by Pops » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:27 pm

Hello I am glad some one is happy with "Smith and Jones". A few years back I ordered a $9.95 book from them which shipping weight was about 6oz.I was charged $13(+/-) shipping. When I called about the shipping charge I was told "If you do not like the charge then do not buy from us". and they hung up I just asked nicely no bad mouth.Now that is what I call real "CUSTOMER SERVICE APPRECIATION". Never again. Since then I have bought some where around $3or$4 thousands in parts from Langs, Snyders, and other venders.
Just telling the my one and only experience!
Thank you
David(POPS)

Michael Peternell
First Name: Michael
Last Name: Peternell
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: TT gas truck, T tractor conversions, '15 touring, '17 speedster, '26 16 valve speedster

Post by Michael Peternell » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:37 pm

Pops wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:27 pm
Hello I am glad some one is happy with "Smith and Jones". A few years back I ordered a $9.95 book from them which shipping weight was about 6oz.I was charged $13(+/-) shipping. When I called about the shipping charge I was told "If you do not like the charge then do not buy from us". and they hung up I just asked nicely no bad mouth.Now that is what I call real "CUSTOMER SERVICE APPRECIATION". Never again. Since then I have bought some where around $3or$4 thousands in parts from Langs, Snyders, and other venders.
Just telling the my one and only experience!
Thank you
David(POPS)
Back in the the day. Dad was the ski- Doo dealer in central Minnesota at the time. Had a poster on the wall thatskidoo sent. Remember it like a brand on my butt. One satisfied customer will tell a few people. A dissatisfied customer will tell everyone he knows!

Scott_Conger
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Conger
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '13, '15, '19, '23
Board Member Since: 2005

Post by Scott_Conger » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:50 am

and so David did
thus taking a pleasand and positive thread in an absolutely unnecessary direction
Scott Conger

Tyranny under the guise of law is still Tyranny

NH Full Flow Float Valves
Obsolete carburetor parts manufactured

Willie R
First Name: Willie
Last Name: Rathbone
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1921 Touring
Board Member Since: 2006

Post by Willie R » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:42 pm

Langs and Smith & Jones are great vendors. Polite, friendly, and fast. They are much appreciated.

MKossor
First Name: Mike
Last Name: Kossor
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1927 Touring
MTFCI Number: 22706

Post by MKossor » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:10 am

This IS a discussion Forum; I thought everyone's honest experience relative to the discussion is welcome and adds value. Thought police comments, not so much.
I-Timer + ECCT Adjusted Coils = Best Model T Engine Performance Possible!
www.modeltitimer.com www.modeltecct.com

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic