On facebook Marketplace

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Herb Iffrig
First Name: Herb
Last Name: Iffrig
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1911 Torpedo, 1918 TT Hucksters

On facebook Marketplace

Post by Herb Iffrig » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:15 am

I just came across this and wanted to show it to the forum. I have no connection to the seller.
ford cubby.JPG
Do you think it is Model T era?

DanTreace
First Name: Dan
Last Name: Treace
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '23 cutoff, '25 touring, '27 touring
MTFCA Number: 4838
MTFCI Number: 115
Board Member Since: 2000

Re: On facebook Marketplace

Post by DanTreace » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:44 am

Wouldn’t think Model T, can’t see any paper tags or remains of tacks to mount, or part # markings anywhere.

And the lower edges of those vertical boards all have witness marks of light color at same height, likely from re-purpose use, seems put together from scraps.

BTW, the Club Museum has a neat period metal parts rack, and if you note beside the new paper tag for the 2597B, you can see original Model T era paper tag.

IMG_0076.jpeg
Last edited by DanTreace on Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
The best way is always the simplest. The attics of the world are cluttered up with complicated failures. Henry Ford
Don’t find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain. Henry Ford

John kuehn
First Name: John
Last Name: Kuehn
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 19 Roadster, 21 Touring, 24 Coupe
MTFCA Number: 28924

Post by John kuehn » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:01 am

I think the piece is turned around backwards. If it’s turned around that would be the front. The slats on the back keep the items from going in to far. It was probably up against the wall.

Will_Vanderburg
First Name: William
Last Name: Vanderburg
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 2
MTFCA Number: 28382

Post by Will_Vanderburg » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:38 pm

It says it was used to store glass and trim.
William L Vanderburg

1925 Touring
1922 Center Door Sedan

Pep C Strebeck
First Name: Joseph
Last Name: M
MTFCA Number: 0

Post by Pep C Strebeck » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:53 pm

DanTreace wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:44 am
BTW, the Club Museum has a neat period metal parts rack, and if you note beside the new paper tag for the 2597B, you can see original Model T era paper tag.

IMG_0076.jpeg
I have 2 of the same parts cabinets that you show above, LAPS out of Lupton, Philadelphia.

IMG_4528.JPG
Probably not as nice as the ones that you/club have. They still have all of the original Model T part number tags on them, as well as the one on the right has a bullet hole in the upper right corner. It came in at a downward angle through the back and the top shelf an dented the next shelf down. I have straightened them out since I took this photo and I was also lucky enough to find an original drawer to replace the missing one. These cabinets are a little deceiving if you have never seen one in front of you, they are taller than they look. I keep saying God-Help-Me if I ever fill them up, it may be a well organized problem, but it will still be a problem.
"Remember son, there are two ways to do this: The right way, and your way” Thanks Dad, I love you too.

LOOKING FOR A LUFKIN No. 9A Height Gage Attachment.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic