Another T Lives... Again!

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Jerry VanOoteghem
First Name: Jerry
Last Name: Van
MTFCA Number: 24868

Another T Lives... Again!

Post by Jerry VanOoteghem » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:10 am

Last night I helped a new T owner start his 1925 Runabout. Probably hasn't run in the last 4 or 5 years. It took some coaxing, but we finally brought her back to life. We ran the battery down till the starter wouldn't turn her over anymore, than began to crank. When she finally took off, it was only on 2 cylinders. Ran that way for a minute or two, then a third kicked in, finally all 4 were participating and engine sounded great! Here's the even better news... it's new owner's age is "30 something" and he was given a great opportunity to buy the T by the previous owner, who obviously wanted him to have it. Nice! It was all quite a bit of fun for all involved, including his dad, who is a forum member here. (HA! I beat you to the punch M.B.!!!) Maybe his dad will see this and post photos... I have none, sorry.

Jonah D'Avella
First Name: Jonah
Last Name: D'Avella
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Touring
Board Member Since: 2020

Re: Another T Lives... Again!

Post by Jonah D'Avella » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:36 am

That's great!!! I can share you excitement because I just got my 26 touring running after it was sitting for 20 years!!
F: first F: find
O: on O: oil
R: race R: revive
D: day D: drive
Jonahdavella@gmail.com

TWrenn
First Name: Tim
Last Name: Wrenn
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '13 Touring, '26 "Overlap" Fordor
MTFCA Number: 30701
MTFCI Number: 24033
Board Member Since: 2019

Post by TWrenn » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:09 am

Like Jonah said, great news. Not trying to hijack this thread, but two years ago I was given a similar opportunity via a connection through Joe Bell.
Seems this guy had a '26 coupe that he actually used to drive to his High School! After graduation, he parked it
and forgot it. It was laid up fairly well, carb and gas tank empty, but one problem, for whatever reason the head
had a crack in it. No doubt ineffective anti-freeze. But, after about an hour and a half messing with it, primarily new
battery and fresh fuel, I got it running. This was the first time in 50 years it had run. Don't know if he got the head
fixed or not. Only let it run less than 3 minutes as the head drained by then. At least it ran, and ran good! Always exhilarating, plus nice to help someone who needed it.

Duey_C
First Name: Duane
Last Name: Cooley
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 18 Runabout, 24 Runabout for 20yrs, 25 TT, late Center Door project, open express pickup
MTFCA Number: 32488
Board Member Since: 2015

Post by Duey_C » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:09 pm

Great news!
Bringing any engine back to life is an awesome thing but with the T, it's ready to go!
Since I lost my mind mind, I feel more liberated

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic