Halloween Fun

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Thorlick
First Name: Terry
Last Name: Horlick
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1927 Roadster Pickup "Mountain Patrol vehicle" from Los Angeles City Fire Department and a 1912 Model T omnibus restoration project
MTFCA Number: 50510
Board Member Since: 1999

Halloween Fun

Post by Thorlick » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:00 am

I just got back from a “Fall Festival” celebration my wife’s church presented. Every year they ask me to help out in their festival which is a big Halloween party for families which keeps kids from the old door to door, dodge cars affairs I participated in as a child. I generally show up with a T and give free hay rides throughout.

This year in a bow to Covid-19 infection threat the festival was redesigned as a drive through happening with lots of games and lots of candy. I was contacted and asked to bring down 2 cars and did so plus helped in handing out candy so as to be there to take the cars home afterwards.

Here are some photos... please post some of what your T did tonight!

1912 Omnibus almost ready to have the restoration started.
1912 Omnibus almost ready to have the restoration started.
1912 Omnibus first outing.
1912 Omnibus first outing.
Omnibus pilot!
Omnibus pilot!
Rusty came out too.
Rusty came out too.
I didn’t want to scrub off avian deposits so I just placed my grandson’s bird toy there!
I didn’t want to scrub off avian deposits so I just placed my grandson’s bird toy there!
Respectfully, TH
Terry Horlick, Penn Valley, CA
1927 Mountain Patrol Vehicle from the Los Angeles City Fire Department (L.A.F.D.)
1912 Model T Ford English Station Omnibus

George House
First Name: George
Last Name: House
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: ‘10 Maxwell AA, ‘11Hupp Model 20, Two 1914 Ford runabouts, 19 centerdoor, 25 C Cab,26 roadster
MTFCA Number: 115
MTFCA Life Member: YES

Re: Halloween Fun

Post by George House » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:20 am

Love 💕 the omnibus Terry. First time I’ve seen it’s pics. Original radiator too ! How far does that take you before getting hot ? Back in the 50s when I was very young, our church also had Halloween parties. Now our church produces a Reformation Festival on 31 Oct..
I don’t know why I turned out this way. My parents were decent people.

Topic author
Thorlick
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1927 Roadster Pickup "Mountain Patrol vehicle" from Los Angeles City Fire Department and a 1912 Model T omnibus restoration project

Post by Thorlick » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:50 am

George, I assume it can go as far as I care to pull the trailer. This being the first time I have pulled it on the trailer I noticed termite lightened wood scraps flew off of several places. It's next trip will be to the CHP and DMV offices to get "VIN verification" then registration. Then back home for restoration.

I have collected parts and since this body is very heavy and a full load of adults will further stress the running gear I have a ten tooth pinion and Ruckstell for installation along with large drum accessory brakes. "Toady", the 1913 Mountain Wagon I built about 25 years ago, showed me that the accessory brakes should NOT be small drum size!

A good thing about towing this with some of the structural components missing, and much of the wood weakened by entomological infestation, you quickly learn what custom made tiedown straps will be needed to cross brace the body.

The radiator and much of the running gear and frame are 1912. The radiator has an interesting feature, it has a 1968 penny soldered to the back of the upper tank. We think it is there only in tribute to the previous owner's daughter Penny who was born in 1968... of course the coin will be left there and the car will be named "Penny"
1927 Mountain Patrol Vehicle from the Los Angeles City Fire Department (L.A.F.D.)

Rich Bingham
First Name: Rich
Last Name: Bingham
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1913 runabout

Post by Rich Bingham » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:30 pm

An engaging young man who works at the neighborhood garage flagged me down last Thursday and asked if I would bring Lizzie to their "Trunk or Treat" affair Halloween afternoon. He had lined up about a dozen or so local "special interest" cars to participate. Other than Lizzie, the oldest was a '48 Ford Pickup "improved" with newer engine and drive train. The rest were late 50's to brand new. Not really my thing. The garage provided lots of candy and the kids were a lot if fun. They had a good turnout, the kids voted for their favorite car, and we missed first by three votes. I'm not sure that it was actually Hannah that won a fair number of the votes ! After all, she thinks Lizzie belongs to her. :lol:
Attachments
331F9DAD-6B01-429E-8081-8663CD2655A1.jpeg
331F9DAD-6B01-429E-8081-8663CD2655A1.jpeg (96.87 KiB) Viewed 1459 times
"Get a horse !"

Tod Wirth, WI
First Name: Tod
Last Name: Wirth
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1912 Touring, 1915 ALF Chiefs Car, 1916, (2) 1917's & 1920 Fire Trucks, 1922 Roadster
MTFCA Number: 13337
MTFCI Number: 11920

Post by Tod Wirth, WI » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:30 pm

Terry,

I think my father (Bob Wirth) has been in contact with you about your Omnibus body. I want to say he sent you a copy of the plans that were used to construct these. If not, and you want them, let me know.

Tod Wirth
BobBus small.jpg
BobBus small.jpg (74.99 KiB) Viewed 1441 times
OmniBus1 small.jpg
OmniBus1 small.jpg (71.37 KiB) Viewed 1441 times

Topic author
Thorlick

Post by Thorlick » Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:23 pm

Tod, I have all the materials he sent me a few years ago. The body is an exact match for the plans which will be vital to the restoration! You both did a wonderful job building your Omnibus. I hope Bob is doing well and enjoying your family!

Thanks for the offer, keep watching this web site for my photos when I have finished. Your car sets a high standard!

TH

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic