RAJO head installation

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Mike Robinson
First Name: MICHAEL
Last Name: ROBINSON

RAJO head installation

Post by Mike Robinson » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:03 am

I am looking for information on installing a RAJO B head on a 1926 T Roadster pickup. it looks like I will need to modify the firewall and possibly the gas tank to get the clearances needed to install the head. Has anyone done this installation before on a 26 ? This is a stock pickup and I don't want to make changes if it will take away from look or value of the T.

Dan McEachern
First Name: DAN
Last Name: MCEACHERN

Re: RAJO head installation

Post by Dan McEachern » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:09 am

Rajo made a later version of the B/BB head with the rear of the head sloped to clear the 26-27 firewall. If you have the earlier head, you will have to cut the firewall for clearance.

Topic author
Mike Robinson

Post by Mike Robinson » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:14 am

By chance a friend of mine has the later modified B head. we set it on my block and the head clears the firewall nicely but the rockers still hit the firewall and the valve cover is also hitting the firewall. Even with that head cutting would be needed. I have not seen this done on the later firewall but if I am modifying the engine I suppose cutting the firewall will have to be part of it.

AndyClary
First Name: Andrew
Last Name: Clary
MTFCA Number: 24057

Post by AndyClary » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:37 pm

My 26 Coupe had a Rajo when I got it. The firewall had a section moved back about an inch and the gas tank was hammer clearanced.

Andy

Topic author
Mike Robinson

Post by Mike Robinson » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:20 pm

I will need to do the same on mine . I always thought this was sold as a bolt on accessory. I might just save this for a future speedster project we’re I can move the firewall. Thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic