Let Us Remember....,

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Henry K. Lee
First Name: Henry
Last Name: Lee
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Many
MTFCA Number: 479
MTFCA Life Member: YES

Let Us Remember....,

Post by Henry K. Lee » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:33 pm

Those not as fortunate, those needing a phone call, or just a hug. This is the time of year most difficult for some and as a club, community, and most of all a family, reach out and help those in anyway possible. Not just our club members, but your community members need help in these odd and difficult times.

No matter what your religion or beliefs, it is the season of giving. Not just money but yourself is more important as it gives hope. A smile, a "Hello", "Please get in front of me in line", random acts of kindness can really have a positive impact in another's life.

All the Very Best,

The Lee's of Tin-A-See

Norman Kling
First Name: Norman
Last Name: Kling

Re: Let Us Remember....,

Post by Norman Kling » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:35 pm

Tennessee must be more open at this time! You say a smile? Only if the smile is in the eyes. The mask hides the mouth. A hug? Hard to do from 6' social distancing. Only a few options left. Zoom meeting. Phone call, E-mail. Here we are not to have anyone outside our own household together. Unfortunately, they didn't follow those restrictions Thanksgiving and the pandemic soared. Restaurants are open for take out only.
I try to call someone I know, from time to time, just to cheer them up and also cheers me up too. Hopefully the vaccines will work and we can develop "Herd immunity" I would like to see our family members who are scattered out over several states, or distanced parts of California. Would also like to return to the Model T club meetings. Here the whole year has seemed the same except it gets dark earlier and is a bit cooler this time of year.
Norm

dmdeaton
First Name: Danny
Last Name: Deaton

Post by dmdeaton » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:27 am

I think people can see through the mask, I can. Here in Ohio we still speak to one another in passing even with masks. Still hold the door for others and get a big thanks. Everyone is tired of this,but still show compassion for each other. At least most. Don’t give up and have a merry Christmas.🎄

DLodge
First Name: Dick
Last Name: Lodge
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1924 Touring
MTFCA Number: 19659
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by DLodge » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:38 am

Before masks, I looked at the mouth to see a smile. I have discovered recently that I can recognize a smile from the eyes in many cases. A nod also reinforces the invisible smile.

My biggest complaint about everyone wearing a mask is that I am hard of hearing, and wear hearing aids. Even before masks, I had a hard time understanding someone who was facing away from me. Lip reading is a large part of my understanding someone. If someone doesn't enunciate clearly and is wearing a mask, my most frequent response is, "Sorry, what did you say?" During the campaign, Biden often wore a mask to emphasize that he was following the rules. The result was that I kept wondering why he seemed to be making speeches in Lithuanian. :D

Don D
First Name: Don
Last Name: Demio
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1919 T
MTFCA Number: 27167
MTFCI Number: 20405

Post by Don D » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:13 am

Hank,

While the cars unite us, you are right to bring us all back to the real focus of life - people. Relationships with one another are what can add quality to our lives. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

Dom Denio

TRDxB2
First Name: Frank
Last Name: Brandi
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Speedster (1919 w 1926)
Board Member Since: 2018

Post by TRDxB2 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:15 pm

Smile and your eyes will reflect it. " A Duchenne smile is the one that reaches your eyes, making the corners wrinkle up with crow’s feet. It’s the smile most of us recognize as the most authentic expression of happiness. " 😄
https://www.healthline.com/health/duchenne-smile
The past is a great place and I don't want to erase it or to regret it, but I don't want to be its prisoner either.
Mick Jagger

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic