Shipping Parts International (Australia) and PayPal

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Matt in California
First Name: Matt
Last Name: G
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Touring, 1926 Fordor Project, TT C-cab flatbed farm field find, TT dump truck project
MTFCA Number: 30697

Shipping Parts International (Australia) and PayPal

Post by Matt in California » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:44 pm

I want some insight. I listed a couple of parts for $20 on the classified. It has been a learning experience! I have sold a lot on eBay over the years, but not much recently. The positive with eBay is a few clicks and they take your money and you are done. I also recently shipped an item to Canada using PayPal. Since the transaction was set up as a purchase I was able to just click on things and print the label. (Though I did have to look up some number for customs, a bit of a pain to research and was relieved that car parts over 25 years old seem to not be a issue;)

Now for issue. I arranged things with the buyer to pay via PayPal informing him of the price of the item+shipping and left it up to the buyer if they wanted to pay for the PayPal charge or pay me "friends and family." They chose "friends and family" and paid for the item and shipping. I went to ship the item and there was no easy click from the transaction. I went with multiple item shipping on PayPal and saw that you can not ship international from there.

I know there is a place called a post office. I can go there, but my schedule is limited (i.e. watching child or at work). Does anyone have advice to make shipping label on line with PayPal or otherwise for international shipments?

Yes, a lot of work for $20 and I didn't mention the money is not going to me! I am selling for a widow of a friend. Not sure how much more I can offer as a service to the car community and my the person I am helping.

Thanks in advance for the insight!
Matt

Mark Gregush
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Gregush
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 cutdown PU, 1920 Dodge touring, 1948 F2 Ford flat head 6 pickup 3 speed
MTFCA Number: 52564
Board Member Since: 1999

Re: Shipping Parts International (Australia) and PayPal

Post by Mark Gregush » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:13 pm

Set up a USPS account and pay via Pay-Pal from there, you can do that. Then print the shipping label and other documents from there. I avoid using or pay Friends and Family using Pay-Pal, don't want to mess it up. I would rather pay the fees and do it right. Once you have your USPS account setup you will be able to do other package shipping and tracking from there. There are other services that you can use for shipping that will take Pay-Pal but I like to stick with that one, unless shipping UPS which I also have an account with.
I know the voices aren't real but damn they have some good ideas! :shock:

1925 Cut down pickup
1920 Dodge touring
1948 Ford F2 pickup

Quickm007
First Name: Mario
Last Name: Brossard
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1911 Touring and 1914 speedster
MTFCA Number: 30981
MTFCI Number: 30981
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by Quickm007 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:30 pm

Personnaly I used by now netparcel service. Most of the time cheaper for me than USPS. Easy to work with it. When I bought an item from USA friend or MTFCA member I could send to them a prepaid waybill, They just need to print out the label as well and do not worry about shipping. Here the link: https://netparcel.com/how-it-works.html
Super Mario Bross ;)

1911 Touring
1914 Speedster

Topic author
Matt in California
First Name: Matt
Last Name: G
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Touring, 1926 Fordor Project, TT C-cab flatbed farm field find, TT dump truck project
MTFCA Number: 30697

Post by Matt in California » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:47 am

Thanks for your posts! That was very helpful.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic