Mentoring: giving future generations hope and wisdom

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Dmcneece
First Name: Donnie
Last Name: Mcneece
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Not at the moment

Mentoring: giving future generations hope and wisdom

Post by Dmcneece » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:40 am

https://www.wrcbtv.com/clip/15193549/3 ... mentorship https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 5053963663

My name is Donnie McNeece and some of you know that I have been being mentored by Henry K. Lee . I just wanna express how grateful I am for the opportunity I have had to learn from such a wise old man. I’m honestly star struck by how far I have came along on this journey and I see no Signs of stopping anytime soon. Before I started being mentored by Henry I had not the slightest clue where I wanted to go in life, what I wanted to do, or what impact I wanted to have on this world. I had no goals or could even fathom looking to the future I was more worried on the here and now and making my situation better. Now my eyes have truly been opened to where they cannot be closed and I owe it all to Hank Lee. He has honestly changed my life and my outlook on life he has made himself a life long friend of mine and I absolutely thank god for meeting him.

Bill Robinson
First Name: Bill
Last Name: Robinson
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '21 Depot Hack, '25 Touring Car, '26 Roadster Pickup, '27 Tudor, & another '27 Tudor
MTFCA Number: 22487
MTFCI Number: 17887
Board Member Since: 1999

Re: Mentoring: giving future generations hope and wisdom

Post by Bill Robinson » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:16 am

Donnie, I'm glad things have turned out positive for both of you. Had you not been wanting to make the change, just think of how things would have turned out for Hank, had you not been the type person who "does what he says he's going to do". It's much easier to go the other way. Maybe the situation turned out the way it did because you and Hank are traveling a 2-way-street.

Henry K. Lee
First Name: Henry
Last Name: Lee
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Many
MTFCA Number: 479
MTFCA Life Member: YES

Post by Henry K. Lee » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:36 am

BINGO Bill!

I am very humbled by this as it is beyond good food for the soul!

I see so much of myself through Donnie now as I was when his age. I remember difficult times in my adolescence trying to find myself and purpose. We all needed some sort of an outside family influence for positive reenforcement.

Mentoring really gives you a sense of old age purpose!

For Ever Humbled,

Hank

Oldav8tor
First Name: Tim
Last Name: Juhl
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1917 Touring
MTFCA Number: 50297
MTFCI Number: 24810
Board Member Since: 2018

Post by Oldav8tor » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:19 pm

Hank - "Wise old man..." Donnie certainly has your number.... Just kidding.

Donnie - You always had it in you to be the person you've become working with Hank.... he just showed you the way. The best way you can honor Hank is to pass it on when it is your turn. All the best in your future endeavors.
1917 Touring
1946 Aeronca Champ
1952 Willys M38a1 Jeep (sold 2023)
1953 Ford Jubilee Tractor

OilyBill
First Name: William
Last Name: May
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1914 Runabout

Post by OilyBill » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:46 pm

OldAV8er could not have said it better!

Dallas Landers
First Name: Dallas
Last Name: Landers
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 26 Rpu, 23 TT, 24 coupe,
MTFCA Number: 49995

Post by Dallas Landers » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:44 pm

Donnie I finally got to see the inteview today. I would like to meet you and shake your hand one day. You sound like very grateful young man. I think you and Hank have something very special. I have had mentors and still do. The respect you show them returns in many ways. Years from now you will remember how to do these things Hank is teaching you and his knowledge will live on in you. You will keep some of the lost art that Hank posses alive well into the future. I hope you two continue having as much fun as it looks to me.

Learning these skills, you will never be out of work.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic