Tulare swap meet Bill Bennett

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
KimDobbins
First Name: Kim
Last Name: Dobbins
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1909 touring, 1910 touring, 1913 touring, 1916 couplet, 1924 truck.
MTFCA Number: 8243

Post by KimDobbins » Sat May 01, 2021 11:21 pm

Thanks Bill for a really great swap meet. Great venue, lots of stuff to buy at really good prices. I saw all my old Bakersfield friends. Looking forward to next year! Everyone at the AG center was great.

FreighTer Jim
First Name: James
Last Name: Jarzabek
MTFCA Number: 29562
MTFCI Number: 24398
Board Member Since: 2008

Post by FreighTer Jim » Sun May 02, 2021 12:21 am

Wowzers 😏

KD rarely - if ever - authors a thread giving
thanks to someone - Wow Bill you done good 😏

Thanks for posting Kim πŸ‘

FJ
Google β€œ Model T Transport β€œ
MTFCA - MTFCI - MAFCA Member

Chris Instness
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Instness
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 runabout, 1923 speedster
MTFCA Number: 52552

Re: Tulare swap meet Bill Bennett

Post by Chris Instness » Sun May 02, 2021 1:14 am

It was a great meet. A lot of T stuff, including hard to find early parts and much of it at very reasonable prices. My Dad and I enjoyed the trip and will definitely be back for the next one. Thank you Bill for all your hard work organizing the event.

david_dewey
First Name: David
Last Name: Dewey
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1916 touring, 1925 runaboaut, 1926 Tudor
MTFCI Number: 19936
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by david_dewey » Sun May 02, 2021 2:38 am

Just got home from the meet. Didn't meet a lot of "old friends" but WHAT A MEET! Signage to it was good, directions to parking was good, swap layout was great. variety of stuff there was great and even the large parts retrieval set up was good. Yes, some minor glitches, but not bad. I hope next year they have some shuttles as the walking was just too much--the prewar section was about as far away from the entrance as it could be! And the parts runners were overwhelmed with the demand! But the folks all stayed calm & cool and friendly. This really was one of the best organized meets I've been to. "We" were just part of a much bigger meet, and I didn't have time to look through any of the "modern stuff" vendors. I did note to a few that our section was one of the few meets where Model A Ford parts were considered "the modern stuff." :)
I would give this meet an A+ rating! My only real complaint is that it is too far from my home! Oh, and no Basque food, although Apple Annies was a pretty good dinner! While there one guy suggested I look up "Moose Turd Pie" on the internet. Did so back at the motel, and it was a good "old time folk story." Looking forward to Auburn next month!
T'ake care,
David Dewey

Matt in California
First Name: Matt
Last Name: G
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Touring, 1926 Fordor Project, TT C-cab flatbed farm field find, TT dump truck project
MTFCA Number: 30697

Post by Matt in California » Sun May 02, 2021 7:26 am

Agreed Tulare was a great meet as a buyer and seller.

The shout out to Bill is well deserved!

Matt

NorthSouth
First Name: Steve
Last Name: California
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1911 Touring, 1912 Warren Speedster
MTFCA Number: 50392

Post by NorthSouth » Sun May 02, 2021 8:47 am

-
Thank you Bill Bennett,

That was a fantastic day among the rust in Tulare. It felt just like the Bakersfield Swap Meet. I will be back next year.
-

Original Smith
First Name: Larry
Last Name: Smith
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 13 Touring, 13 Roadster, 17 Coupelet, 25 Roadster P/U
MTFCA Number: 121
MTFCA Life Member: YES
MTFCI Number: 16310

Post by Original Smith » Sun May 02, 2021 10:50 am

I spent some time with Bill. I thanked him many times for putting together this meet. Although I didn't find much, it was so good chatting with old friends and doing what I like to do best. It was a great time, and am so happy life is getting back to normal.

speedytinc
First Name: john
Last Name: karvaly
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 14/15 wide track roadster. 23 touring, 27 roadster pickup, 20ish rajo touring
MTFCA Number: 14383
Board Member Since: 2020

Post by speedytinc » Sun May 02, 2021 10:19 pm

To me, any meet is good if i can come home with a few things i need. One vender is all i need. There were at least a dozen. Neat & rare stuff was all there. Rajo racing spindles.(when was the last time you saw any?) lots of wire wheel sets. Planetors, warfords, giants, rux's, early blocks, Real RM brakes, etc, etc.
Frankly, BF needed a reset. BF had 400 spots available, but, a good number were usually empty. No shows, weather, perpetual spot reserving. Now they all seemed full. Plus there is unlimited expansion available. The venue is huge. Unlimited.
Friday set up didnt fill as i expected. Saturday it was packed. Anyone coming for the day didnt miss out on the deals.
As a vender, i missed a lot being tied to my spot. Got to get the wife to come sell for me next time.
LOTTA GOOD STUFF! Venue staff were extremely friendly & helpful.(like mid west hospitality)
Food venders on friday would have made a killing. I missed the taco truck. Maybe they sold out?
GREAT MEET. Cant say enough. AN ABSOLUTE SUCCESS!.

Ron Mac
First Name: Ron
Last Name: Mc Willie
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1910 touring, 1911 torpedo, 1913 runabout, 1914 pie wagon, speedsters
Board Member Since: 2010

Post by Ron Mac » Sun May 02, 2021 10:48 pm

Tulare was a FANTASTIC swap meet. The location was great. There was lots of stuff to be had and prices were generally very fair. Lots of rare stuff, common stuff, obscure stuff, projects, etc. Basically, everything you would want a swap meet to have.
I like it a lot better than Bakersfield and several others I spoke to agreed.
I also found the adjacent "non-prewar" swap meet to be really good and managed to also purchase prewar parts there as well. There was a nice mix of stuff there including some really good automobilia.
I liked the idea of having the prewar meet on the same grounds and at the same time as the non-prewar, "regular" swap meet. I think the two swap meets really complemented each other since there were more sellers and more buyers. Between the two swap meets and car corral, I spent a full day on Friday and a full day on Saturday walking around and making purchases. I was never bored and never thought I was walking around in circles-which happens a lot at smaller meets. I know there has been talk of next year's show being separate from the regular swap meet, but I would like to see the two return together.
Thanks to Bill Bennett and everyone else involved with giving us this great opportunity to see old friends and trade old rust. It was a great event on all levels. I can't wait to be back in 2022.

Terry_007
First Name: Terry
Last Name: Bond
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1914 Touring, 1915 Chassis
MTFCI Number: 15718

Post by Terry_007 » Mon May 03, 2021 11:21 am

Anybody got photos to post???

FreighTer Jim

Post by FreighTer Jim » Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:11 pm

Mark Yer Calendars Fer October βœ…

First Annual Tulare Fall Pre-War Swap Meet
October 1st & 2nd Of 2021
The Premiere West Coast Pre-War Event πŸ‘
Call 559-688-1030 To Get A Space Today βœ…

65468163-A6B6-4723-8B42-E2CB80229E7D.jpeg

I am doing a sit down video with Bill
and Jim ( he is with the Tulare Ag Center )
later today in Tulare, California πŸ‘

We will discuss the upcoming Fall Pre-War Swap Meet
and what you can expect 😏

I will be posting the interview on:

Facebook
YouTube
Instagram

FJ
Last edited by FreighTer Jim on Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Google β€œ Model T Transport β€œ
MTFCA - MTFCI - MAFCA Member

FreighTer Jim

Post by FreighTer Jim » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:54 pm

Thank You Bill & Jim
For taking the time to sit down for an interview πŸ‘