Lowes has T floor mat ?

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Hap_Tucker
First Name: Hap
Last Name: Tucker
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 cut off touring; 1918 touring; 1922 Speedster
MTFCA Number: 100
MTFCA Life Member: YES

Lowes has T floor mat ?

Post by Hap_Tucker » Fri May 07, 2021 8:58 pm

Some folks say it is impossible to find reproduction floor mats for the TT truck. And that is probably true. But today when I was in Lowes, I ran across a nice "Father's Day Gift."

For $19.21 how could I go wrong?
Lowes Item # 3640440
Model # 60662281702000036

Lowes TT Welcome Mat.JPG
OK -- the artist either had a one-off modified TT or they did the best they could with the time they had available to draw the illustration. But I still like it.

Note while the USA Ford Factories did not produce a production TT with matching demountable wheels all around they were available in New Zealand and Australia. See John Page's excellent article about the "Ford Special Improved Trucks" in Vol 53 no 6 of "The Vintage Ford." You only needed 1 spare. Australia and presumably also New Zeeland continued to sell the standard Ford TT with the gas tank under the seat and the 1925 style hood, and smaller car style front wheels, but also offered the Ford Special version with the matching wheels, gas tank under the cowl, 26-27 style cowl, 26-27 style front fenders and hood, starter etc.
Imporved TT - NZ.JPG
AU Improved TT.JPG
I hope some of you enjoy the floormat. It isn't too early to make suggestions to your significant other or the kids on what you might want for Christmas....

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Respectfully