For future generations

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Petrah Phyre
First Name: Sean
Last Name: Pownall
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Speedster
MTFCA Number: 52944
Board Member Since: 2021

For future generations

Post by Petrah Phyre » Tue May 11, 2021 12:28 pm

As a background. I just finished up helping clean up my father in law's estate. To include a collection of multiple decades of vehicles and parts, starting in the 20's to current. What I am requesting and committing to do is document and label parts and tools, sundries and hardware. This estate was 50 years of collecting everything collectable. I am not talking garbage, though there was that as well, but valuable, well sought after things. What has been bothering me, is because he did not do this, things thought of as trash or scrap where disposed of as such. A few such things I have recently been made aware of are:
Why did he keep knob and tube porcelains? Nope coil box porcelain, a bucket full, in the trash.
Heavy duty washers for??? Nope, timing cover alignment tools, numerous, in the scrap pile.
Many other speciality tools that were sent to the pickers.
Now I know he had every intention of sharing this knowledge with those of us following behind, but none of us know when the Good Lord will call. Let's prepare for those coming along behind. I believe they will be thankful.