Help Needed Just North of Chicago for Wedding

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Cccc2000
First Name: Chris
Last Name: Convy
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1919

Help Needed Just North of Chicago for Wedding

Post by Cccc2000 » Thu May 13, 2021 3:03 pm

Hey Everybody...I know this is a long shot but I have to try.

I own a 1919 model T with my siblings. We all drive it from our wedding to the reception on our wedding day. Well our rear axel just broke and my brothers wedding is on May 15th at 3pm.

I can’t use our model T but I’d kill to have somebody in the Chicago area come and do the drive with them. It would mean the world to our family. It’s only a few miles and wouldn’t take very long at all.

It’s just north of Chicago in Winnetka. Wedding is at 3pm on Saturday.

We would be happy to pay somebody to help us or make a donation to the club or anything that can make this happen.

Our family loves our Model T and this would be such a blessing.

Let me know if you know anybody who could help.

Thanks for reading...Chris.

917-572-1843

MikeSommers
First Name: Mike
Last Name: Sommers
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1913 Touring
MTFCA Number: 31711
MTFCI Number: 23889

Re: Help Needed Just North of Chicago for Wedding

Post by MikeSommers » Fri May 14, 2021 7:39 pm

Chris,
I am posting a reply, and apologizing for the fact that no Model T people responded. I think what you are wanting to do is great, and I am sure that if someone would have responded, the addition of a Model T would have been a great addition to your event.

In todays' environment, people are reluctant to offer their vehicles... due to license and insurance issues. I live in Vernon Hills, but my Touring T needs work. Please do not think that Model T owners are a bunch of "tight splintered" elitists'. We love the hobby. It just seems that things did not work out at this time.
Kind Regards,
Mike Sommers

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic