Rocky Mountain Brake Question

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Reno Speedster
First Name: Morgan
Last Name: Blanchard
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Model T Speedster Project, 1922 Runabout Pickup

Rocky Mountain Brake Question

Post by Reno Speedster » Fri May 14, 2021 12:42 pm

I am working on some rear drop brackets for my 1926 speedster and the design allows me to include a mount for a Rocky Mountain Brake mount to the bracket. I don’t know if it’s possible to buy parts for these separately (which would make things easier) but I can make them if needed.

What I need to know is how far from the outside of the drum is the mounting/pivot pin on a Rocky Mountain Brake and what diameter is the mounting/pivot pin for the band.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dan McEachern
First Name: DAN
Last Name: MCEACHERN
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: too many. '14 touring, 2 depot hacks, 2 speedsters

Re: Rocky Mountain Brake Question

Post by Dan McEachern » Fri May 14, 2021 1:11 pm

The pin is 5/8 diameter and the center of the pin is 1" outboard of the brake drum surface. The anchor loop on the band that the pin passes thru has plenty of room for the pin, so if the pin is slightly farther out from the brake drum, there is still plenty of clearance.

Topic author
Reno Speedster
First Name: Morgan
Last Name: Blanchard
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Model T Speedster Project, 1922 Runabout Pickup

Re: Rocky Mountain Brake Question

Post by Reno Speedster » Fri May 14, 2021 4:55 pm

Thanks, that is exactly what I needed to know.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic