Mother Lode Swap Meet

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
jsaylor
First Name: John
Last Name: Saylor
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1921 Touring, 1927 Tudor
MTFCA Number: 1695
MTFCI Number: 23870
Board Member Since: 1999

Mother Lode Swap Meet

Post by jsaylor » Wed May 26, 2021 7:19 pm

Mother Lode Swap Meet June 6, Auburn, Ca. No need to reserve a space. We have plenty. Most on Grass. Link to prior years photos. https://photos.app.goo.gl/jozYcr7JXyQ42DDw5
Attachments
SWAP MEET flyer 21.jpg

Dan McEachern
First Name: DAN
Last Name: MCEACHERN
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: too many. '14 touring, 2 depot hacks, 2 speedsters

Re: Mother Lode Swap Meet

Post by Dan McEachern » Wed May 26, 2021 11:15 pm

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BRING BACK THE PIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will the lawn area be available this year, or will it be in the parking lot again???
Last edited by Dan McEachern on Fri May 28, 2021 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NorthSouth
First Name: Steve
Last Name: California
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1911 Touring, 1912 Warren Speedster
MTFCA Number: 50392

Post by NorthSouth » Fri May 28, 2021 11:48 am

-
Those who are attending the 6 day Model T Golden Gate Tour, May 31 - June 5, might want to continue on to this wonderful swap meet on the 6th. It's only an hour and a half further up the road.
-

Philip Lawrence
First Name: Philip
Last Name: Lawrence
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1914 Touring, 1916 Runabout, 1920 Touring
MTFCA Number: 5591
MTFCI Number: 25062
Board Member Since: 2014

Post by Philip Lawrence » Fri May 28, 2021 8:44 pm

The swap meet should be great! People are coming from long distances, many from out the state, to both buy and sell. Everyone that has called for more information is excited that we are back this year and are very much looking forward to coming. It's only nine days away! So plan on attending if you haven't already. There are always lots of early parts and accessories for sale at the meets we host making this one of, if not the premier old car swap meet in Northern California!

Philip Lawrence
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1914 Touring, 1916 Runabout, 1920 Touring

Post by Philip Lawrence » Fri May 28, 2021 8:56 pm

What are you planning on bringing to sell? I'm planning on bringing several complete engines, several complete early front axle assemblies (one is a Dodge Brothers) a nice 1914 - 1919 turtle deck, a full set of Hassler shocks, a 1915 rear axle assembly and maybe a complete small drum Ruckstell axle assembly and maybe much more. I'll be across from the food booth.

Chris Instness
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Instness
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 runabout, 1923 speedster
MTFCA Number: 52552

Post by Chris Instness » Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:17 am

Loaded a trailer tonight full of mostly Model T parts to take to the swap meet. Hope to see some the Forum members there!

Wayne Sheldon
First Name: Wayne
Last Name: Sheldon
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 Runabout 1913 Speedster
Board Member Since: 2005

Post by Wayne Sheldon » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:14 am

It was a GOOD ONE!!

Saw quite a few forum friends. Nor-Cal Jay and his wife were there! We chatted and caught up a bit. David and Linda Dewey were there! We sat in the shade of the eatery tent and chatted and caught up. David was carrying around a nice 1915/'16 model T hood former. All these years, somehow Richard Gould and I have managed to miss each other in spite of the fact we have traded messages on the forum for more than a decade, we finally met properly (and he provided me with some early style radius rods I needed!). I got to look over some of the 1910 parts he is thinning out of his collection, NICE stuff if you are in the market for it! Met Michael Paul from Smartsville (he also had some wonderful early stuff!).
Lots of brass era model T stuff, tons of later model T stuff, lots for model As and some early V8s as well. A pretty good amount of non-Ford stuff as well. I think I saw three 1930s era Packard radiator shells plus some other pieces. A good bit of four cylinder Dodge stuff, and even a nice 1910-'12ish frame from some unknown non-ford (price was right! It may have been EMF, Flanders, or early Studebaker 4?). I saw a good bit of other big brass era stuff also.
Erik Barrett and the Weitzel family were there (I got to razz Erik about his retirement!). I also got a few good deals on parts there (including a few freebies, Erik knows the kind of junk I like to save!)

I also got to visit with several long time model T and speedster friends that I always wish I would see more often. We enjoy remembering the old days, the basic speedsters we had then, sharing memories of our dads. Steve and Gary, always good to see you!
Must have been twenty to thirty more people there that I have known over the years that I got to visit with a bit.

I got several parts I needed, a few good bargains I didn't need but almost certainly can make good use of, and even a few recent club magazines I hadn't seen before.

I understand the club sold out all the spaces available! And I saw a lot of people taking newfound treasures home.

Maybe last, but definitely not least, THANK YOU Phil Lawrence and the rest of the volunteers from the Mother Lode Model T Ford Club!
Ya done GOOD!

Nv Bob
First Name: Bob
Last Name: Middleton
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 18 roadster 1810 brand X

Post by Nv Bob » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:41 am

Wayne exactly missed DD and his his bride
Like you great meet filled with parts galore and spent lots of time chatting both old and NEW friends
Another T has found its way into but then whos counting my life #37Thanks to Motherlode club putting this on again
All the swap spaces where sold so looks like a successful event

Chris Haynes
First Name: Chris
Last Name: Haynes
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1921 Runabout
Board Member Since: 2019

Post by Chris Haynes » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:52 pm

I saw lots of wonderful stuff. I pondered buying a NOS Charlie Yapp Lion head, until I tried to lift it. :-)

david_dewey
First Name: David
Last Name: Dewey
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1916 touring, 1925 runaboaut, 1926 Tudor
MTFCI Number: 19936
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by david_dewey » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:55 am

Yep, a great meet! Had a long visit with Wayne S. and, yes, I was carrying around another '15 hood former, and when I showed it to Lloyd the next day, he agreed that it was in much better shape than the ones I already had. Yes, Erik has retired, and to celebrate, he was "re-tiring" a front wheel on his TT--victim of a rotten valve stem (so of course we razzed him about it). There was even PIE for those who knew the secret code, but I wasn't supposed to tell anyone, but it wuz goood! Thank you!!! (You did NOT read it here!)
Seemed like not as many buyers, but stuff was moving, so I think it was a very successful meet. The Food truck had great food too, though I do miss the club's fare, but I understand the problems with trying to do that nowadays. Oh, don't tell anyone but I even bought some Model A parts (complete set of A&L stainless hubcaps for $20!!). Linda brought home some die-cast cars too--thought she was looking for 1/64 cars for the train layout, but she mostly got larger cars, oh well, more dust collectors!! I gotta finish this house so she can display them!
T'ake care,
David Dewey

Philip Lawrence

Post by Philip Lawrence » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:13 pm

On behalf of the Mother Lode Model T Club I would like to thank all those who attended our swap meet on June 6th, both vendors and buyers.
It takes a lot of effort from our members to make this happen. So to our members who worked the day before on the setup, those who manned the gates, and those who stayed to clean up, I personally would like to thank you. You all did a great job!

Philip Lawrence
2021 Swap Meet Chairman

Chris Instness
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Instness
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 runabout, 1923 speedster
MTFCA Number: 52552

Post by Chris Instness » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:49 am

It was nice to see such a good turnout at this year’s swap meet. As others have already mentioned, there was a lot of rare early Model T parts as well as the more common Model T parts. Jay had a nice assortment of Model T accessories as he always does. I saw one family purchase a boat tail speedster body and several other parts to assemble a speedster. There were also complete cars for sale including a C-cab TT truck, a 26-27 coupe, a 26-27 touring and a 1915 touring. I talked to numerous buyers and sellers who had very good things to say about their sales and purchases. Several Form member said hi to me and I probably saw a few without realizing who they were.
It is a lot of work to organize this event and I would like to thank Phil taking on that task. It would not be possible without people like him.

Chris Instness

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic