Major Flooding On MO. River,Any T People Affected?

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
D Stroud
First Name: David
Last Name: Stroud
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 Coupe
Board Member Since: 2011

Major Flooding On MO. River,Any T People Affected?

Post by D Stroud » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:54 am

I think there are some T people located in or around the MO. River flood plain. Another Major flood is going on, a dam on the Niobabra River in NE.upstream from the Gavins Point Dam at Yankton SD. failed, just one of many problems. Lots of damage all along the river. I hope everyone is safe. Dave
1925 mostly original coupe.

avahon
First Name: Doug
Last Name: Nohava
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1914 Touring
MTFCA Number: 31525
MTFCI Number: 24195
Board Member Since: 2014

Re: Major Flooding On MO. River,Any T People Affected?

Post by avahon » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:31 pm

Gavins Point increased releases to 100,000 cfs for a time to evacuate the Niobrara flood waters. The Gavins Point reservoir was at records levels even with the next upstream dam, Ft Randall, reducing releases to zero. The Corps of Engineers said they've released enough water in the last couple of days to empty reservoir over 2 times.

We're just north of Sioux Falls, SD. 2.5" of rain on frozen ground and heavy snowpack created a flooding disaster in the South Dakota, Nebraska, Minnesota, and Iowa. Multiple gages on the Big Sioux River around and south of Sioux Falls set records or came very close. Multiple homes have had their basement walls collapse. All this water will eventually head to the Missouri, but the scary thing is none of the snow up north has melted yet.

Our house had no problems but my sister and my wife's two sisters both had water in their homes.
Doug Nohava
Baltic, SD
1914 Touring

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic