Bib overall alert !

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Larry LaPatka
First Name: Larry
Last Name: LaPatka
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 13 Pie Wagon, 13 Depot Hack,14 Bell Telephone Service Truck, 14 Delivery "C" Cab, 30 Model A Closed Cab
MTFCA Number: 25903

Bib overall alert !

Post by Larry LaPatka » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:22 pm

Having been a customer of L.C.King Manufacturing Co. The makers of “Pointer Brand Overalls” for 30 plus years, I found it hard to believe that the past mentions on the MYFCA forum regarding American made overalls where someone said the Pointer Brand no longer made overalls. I called Jack King, grandson of Mr. L. C. King and the present owner of the company regarding this rumor. They have been in business since 1913 and are STILL in business as the only American manufacturer of bib and suspended overalls. All they did is instead of Pointer brand with the hunting dog logo on the front pocket, it will now have L.C.King logo and patch in place. Same American made in Bristol Tennessee in the same old building. I have worn most manufacturers of overall and they are without question the very best. They also have the front “zippered” pocket which keeps cell phone and stuff from falling out when bending over ( Steve Jelf😂)
They can be reached at 423-764-5188. Well worth the time and . Just wanted to clear up the rumor!

FreighTer Jim
First Name: James
Last Name: Jarzabek
MTFCA Number: 29562
MTFCI Number: 24398
Board Member Since: 2008

Re: Bib overall alert !

Post by FreighTer Jim » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:30 pm

Google “ Model T Transport “
MTFCA - MTFCI - MAFCA Member

Dropacent
First Name: Tim
Last Name: Morsher
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925TT, 1926 Martin-Parry bodied wagon, 1927 mercury bodied speedster

Post by Dropacent » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:52 pm

Larry, don’t forget to add they cost more and are not Union Made. The latter is more important to me. Respectfully, t

Topic author
Larry LaPatka
First Name: Larry
Last Name: LaPatka
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 13 Pie Wagon, 13 Depot Hack,14 Bell Telephone Service Truck, 14 Delivery "C" Cab, 30 Model A Closed Cab
MTFCA Number: 25903

Post by Larry LaPatka » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:33 pm

Tim.. that is true but they outlast any other brand I’ve purchased two or more times… they are the toughest made. I am hard on them and sometimes they are washed two to three times a week.still wearing them 5 and six years or more. Then Icut them up for rags.
Be good to Connie-moms
L

Dropacent
First Name: Tim
Last Name: Morsher
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925TT, 1926 Martin-Parry bodied wagon, 1927 mercury bodied speedster

Post by Dropacent » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:02 pm

It’s great that we still have a couple of American companies making them. I think I saw Oshkosh was but haven’t gone in depth because I have my favorite brand. Always best, my friend !
Last edited by Dropacent on Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Allan
First Name: Allan
Last Name: Bennett
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1912 van, 1917 shooting brake, 1929 roadster buckboard, 1924 tourer, 1925 barn find buckboard, 1925 D &F wide body roadster, 1927LHD Tudor sedan.

Post by Allan » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:22 pm

Larry, I may be the source of the rumour. When browsing the Roundhouse site mention was made that they were the only source of USA made bibs, so I checked the Pointer site. There we no longer bibs shown when I checked. The re-branding and new website linked by FJ shows them back again in this new guise.
Even on the old site they were still at a 56% price premium over Roundhouse bibs. They seemed to be pitching to a different market. The "tailored fit" is for daywear rather than traditional workwear. The new environmentally friendly dyed items now on offer show this pitch to the up-and-coming fashionistas.
I believe Oshkosh have long departed the scene, prefering to make a range of kids clothing instead, still in business but with a change in focus.
My apologies for misleading anyone.
Allan from down under.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic