Within The Means Of Millions

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Tadpole
First Name: Tad
Last Name: Glahn
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 Coupe, 1926 TT Closed Cab, 1924 Runabout
MTFCA Number: 51667
Board Member Since: 2021

Within The Means Of Millions

Post by Tadpole » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:27 am

You have probably seen this ad before, but I wanted to share it because my father had it since before I was around, I have always admired it and I just happened to eventually purchase the same year coupe pictured.

What strikes me most about this particular ad is how different it is from most auto ads I have seen from the same time, including other Ford ads.
Most other ads focus on the freedom and pleasure that can come with owning an automobile. They are bright and colorful with delighted owners enjoying nature, sightseeing or something of the like. This one is dark, dreary and takes a realistic and empathetic attitude with those who made up most Model T sales. I respect and appreciate its honesty.

Has anyone else got similar ads?
Attachments
Within The Means Of Millions.jpg

TXGOAT2
First Name: Pat
Last Name: McNallen
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926-7 roadster
MTFCA Number: 51486
Board Member Since: 2021

Re: Within The Means Of Millions

Post by TXGOAT2 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:35 am

I've read a great many Model T ads, and I find most all of them positive in nature, whether they focus on the utility, recreational, practical or affordable aspects of owning a Ford car. If you want dark and dreary, consider the Great Depression, when millions of willing people were unable to find work. I find many of today's auto ads utterly idiotic.

Duey_C
First Name: Duane
Last Name: Cooley
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 18 Runabout, 24 Runabout for 20yrs, 25 TT, late Center Door project, open express pickup
MTFCA Number: 32488
Board Member Since: 2015

Re: Within The Means Of Millions

Post by Duey_C » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:26 am

I like your sentiment.
From the steam, the smoke, the working faces and on thru the gated fences of industry come new cars. Factory humming.
Neat ad. You youngen' you. ;)
Thanks for showing that ad, I've never seen it before. :)
Since I lost my mind mind, I feel more liberated

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic