1915 Cut-down Touring / Pickup goes to HERSHEY!

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Retro54
First Name: Andrew
Last Name: Blaydon
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 Cut-down touring
Board Member Since: 2018

1915 Cut-down Touring / Pickup goes to HERSHEY!

Post by Retro54 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:31 pm

Just thought I'd post an update for all those who may have been following my cut-down touring posts since I got the car in April of 2019. Well, I've finally got the car out of Dad's garage and we took it to the AACA Fall Meet in Hershey last week. What a blast to have the car at our swap meet spaces for nothing more than conversation piece. I had a blast picking up some parts and taking part in the meet as my Dad, brothers and I have for over 35 years. I ran into several forum folks. Ran into Seamus the very first day (Tuesday) and even gave him a ride in the back of the truck. Later in the show, Seamus introduced us to Larry Smith, and I had a blast listening to and learning from him. I also saw Steve Jelf at the end of a day, and chased him down to introduce myself and thank him for his great Dauntless Geezer site. I also talked to just about anyone who showed interest, shared some knowledge and learned some new things too! For instance, aside from my front axle having an accessory spring perch arrangement, it is also a wide-track axle. Learn something new every day! On to the parts hunt. Got some headlight parts delivered to the show from Langs, stopped by the Henline's stand and picked up a carb adjustment rod, and bought some other parts from a few other vendors on the field. And rounded out the show by watching the show cars driving onto the field on Saturday morning (A must-see event for those who may duck out early on Friday). Then trailed the T back to my place for the first time in 2.5 years to where she'll live from now on, and even used her to collect some leaves. From now on, I hope to use this truck and hone my driving skills with a goal of touring on the HCCA 2022 BBC tour in May! Hope you like this little update. I am excited to see where the road takes me!
Attachments
Our swap meet spaces on Tuesday with my T tucked in between the tent and my brother's '65 Mustang
Our swap meet spaces on Tuesday with my T tucked in between the tent and my brother's '65 Mustang
Fun family times with the T at the show.
Fun family times with the T at the show.
Back home and getting acquainted with the other Ford on the property.. I think they will get along just swell.
Back home and getting acquainted with the other Ford on the property.. I think they will get along just swell.
A shot of the touring
A shot of the touring

Topic author
Retro54

Re: 1915 Cut-down Touring / Pickup goes to HERSHEY!

Post by Retro54 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:33 pm

A few more photos of the T in action!
Attachments
My wife caught me practicing my driving, traveling from my backyard to the driveway and then onto a loop around the neighborhood.
My wife caught me practicing my driving, traveling from my backyard to the driveway and then onto a loop around the neighborhood.
Utility vehicle?  Thought I'd use the pickup to remove some leaves from the front yard.
Utility vehicle? Thought I'd use the pickup to remove some leaves from the front yard.
My little helper loved a ride in the T to the backyard.  We're going to take this thing on many adventures together!
My little helper loved a ride in the T to the backyard. We're going to take this thing on many adventures together!

Bryant
First Name: bryant
Last Name: shafer
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 tudor
MTFCA Number: 51736
Board Member Since: 2021

Post by Bryant » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:38 pm

I just love this! I would use it for yard work to 😃Looks great!
“Whether you think you can, or think you can’t-you’re right.”

Burger in Spokane
First Name: Brent
Last Name: Burger
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 TT closed cab flatbed
Board Member Since: 2014

Post by Burger in Spokane » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:48 am

Of course you use it for yard work ! Hay, logs, boulders, firewood !

IMG_2417.jpg
fullsizeoutput_a0a.jpeg
More people are doing it today than ever before !

Wayne Sheldon
First Name: Wayne
Last Name: Sheldon
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 Runabout 1913 Speedster
Board Member Since: 2005

Post by Wayne Sheldon » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:15 am

Every year I look forward to the BBC tour reports! Now, I have another reason to look forward to them!
I wish I could attend the BBC tour and swap meet.

Topic author
Retro54

Post by Retro54 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:38 am

Wayne Sheldon wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:15 am
Every year I look forward to the BBC tour reports! Now, I have another reason to look forward to them!
I wish I could attend the BBC tour and swap meet.
I'm disappointed I'm not on the Hangover now, but promised myself I would make the BBC. The new location for 2022 in Gettysburg should make for some fun touring!

L.I. Tom
First Name: Thomas
Last Name: Pilz
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1921 roadster, 1923 roadster pickup

Post by L.I. Tom » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:49 am

Andrew
It was great to meet you at Hershey after following your progress on your T build on the forum. I am glad that you nave your car at home now and can really start to enjoy it . Here is a picture. Of what I did to accommodate tail lights and a picture of my homemade e-brake. Keep up the good work and have fun.
Tom
Attachments
20200923_172721.jpg
20200923_172617.jpg

Original Smith
First Name: Larry
Last Name: Smith
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 13 Touring, 13 Roadster, 17 Coupelet, 25 Roadster P/U
MTFCA Number: 121
MTFCA Life Member: YES
MTFCI Number: 16310

Post by Original Smith » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:09 am

It doesn't appear your pickup has wide track axles?

Topic author
Retro54

Post by Retro54 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:18 am

Original Smith wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:09 am
It doesn't appear your pickup has wide track axles?
Larry, you are correct (of course)! I fell into the trap of information pouring forth from an unknown source at the show. ha. Upon further consideration, the car has normal axles with a lot of toe-in on the front wheels. Plus the unique accessory spring throws people off.

Thanks for righting the ship!

Andy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic