Trembler Coil refurbishing.

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
jwrightjr
First Name: John
Last Name: Wright
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1922 Touring, 1925 Roadster
MTFCA Number: 50228
Board Member Since: 2018

Trembler Coil refurbishing.

Post by jwrightjr » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:23 am

Unfortunately winter is coming soon to Ohio and I am lining up my inside projects. I have plenty to do on my cars but also have a stack of coils I've accumulated over the summer. They seem to follow me home and it is hard to leave one stranded. Anyway they all need rebuilt and some the wood is too far gone to waste time on but the innards are good. I thought since my wife will have me in the woodshop making Christmas gifts for her friends and our family I may as well make some new boxes for the coils in need. I thought I had some good examples to copy but the dimensions are all over the place. Most likely a 100 years of moisture, heating and generally getting banged around. I spent most of this morning looking for some reference drawings that would tell me what they are supposed to be but have not found anything. I could guess what they should be but the engineer in me is looking for numbers :geek: Also any idea what kind of wood Henry or KW used? Random pallet wood? I'll keep looking but thought I would see if anyone has already done this, thanks
Kind Regards
John

1922 Touring "Tinker"
1925 Roadster "Pops" (Pile Of Parts)
Martin, Ohio

Ron Patterson
First Name: Ronald
Last Name: Patterson
MTFCA Life Member: YES
Board Member Since: 1999

Re: Trembler Coil refurbishing.

Post by Ron Patterson » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:27 am

You can obtain dimensional drawings of the ignition coil from the Benson Ford Research Center in Dearborn.
Ford made Trembler coil boxes were made of Hard Maple.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic