***Jno. W. Brown Model 16 Gas Head Light Assembly***

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
VowellArt
First Name: Martynn
Last Name: Vowell
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1922 Touring, th "Lady"
MTFCA Number: 9908
Board Member Since: 2012

***Jno. W. Brown Model 16 Gas Head Light Assembly***

Post by VowellArt » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:01 pm

Don't seem to find this model any earlier than 1913 and no later than 1914, that said I suppose that it could extend beyond 1914 if the purchaser didn't want electric lights (magneto or otherwise). Anyhoo, this lamp is characterized by the Hood, the Bezel, the Closure Thumb Screw and the Gas Inlet all being made of brass, the body of the lamp is usually whatever color the running gear is, which is usually black. Also the air inlet holes along to bottom are a wee bit larger and higher up and the exterior baffle cover has a series of small holes along its sides and is open both front and back. Also the exhaust ports in the Hood are a tighter oval than on other lamps I've seen too.

1913-1914-Model-16-JnoBrownAssembly2.jpg
If anybody has any further information or can identify where I got it wrong (drawing wise), please let me know. My car doesn't have Gas Lamps, so what I know about them....other than their parts is slim and none.....also interested in knowing if Jno. Brown made a Gas Generator and if so what does it look like? Got any pictures?
Fun never quits!