Andy Loso

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Ron Patterson
First Name: Ronald
Last Name: Patterson
MTFCA Life Member: YES
Board Member Since: 1999

Andy Loso

Post by Ron Patterson » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:36 pm

I was told today that Andy had passed?
Can this be true?
Ron Patterson

Dallas Landers
First Name: Dallas
Last Name: Landers
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 26 Rpu, 23 TT, 24 coupe,
MTFCA Number: 49995

Re: Andy Loso

Post by Dallas Landers » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:37 pm

Yes, a few weeks ago sad to say. There was a thread on his passing.

Michael Peternell
First Name: Michael
Last Name: Peternell
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: TT gas truck, T tractor conversions, '15 touring, '17 speedster, '26 16 valve speedster

Post by Michael Peternell » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:29 pm

ModelTWoods
First Name: Terry
Last Name: Woods
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1927 Model T coupe, 1926 4 door sedan
MTFCI Number: 20180

Post by ModelTWoods » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:27 am

We are losing entirely too many (one is one too many) hobbyists from our hobby. I can't remember when we have lost so many over such a short period of years. Of course we have COVID now, which we didn't have prior to mid 2019, and some people who have died, like Andy, died from illness brought on by work. I am glad I only stayed in firefighting for ten years, myself, or I might have found myself in his situation. With people like Stan Howe passing, it would be easy for me to say: "see a doctor regularly", but I learned this year that that isn't enough. My wife's son's
brother-in-law saw his cardiologist and a few days later dropped dead from an aortic tear with his wife present, on his wedding anniversary. So sometimes, seeing your doctor regularly isn't enough. I hope we haven't got any anti-vaccers in this group, but unless you have a medical reason why you can't get vaccinated, do yourself and those around you, a favor and do so. Contrary to what you may hear or read, the Pfizer and Mederna shots will not make you sterile or any of the other B.S. going around. If they were so deadly this 73 year old, diabetic, COPD, and heart patient would be dead right now, as I've had the first and second shot and the booster. and had no more than a inconsequential sore arm for a few hours. Despite running errands to the grocery store, drug store. restaurants, and more, I routinely test negative for COVID. I didn't mean for this to be a "rant". I just want everyone to do what they can to slow down the death rate in this hobby.
Last edited by ModelTWoods on Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

D Stroud
First Name: David
Last Name: Stroud
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 Coupe
Board Member Since: 2011

Post by D Stroud » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:10 am

Wow! I have been away from the forum for a couple of months due to some health issues. I am truly saddened to hear of the loss of these wonderful Craftsmen and Mentors to our hobby in the not so distant past. I haven't dealt with some of them directly, but I have been in awe of their expertise and knowledge for many years. As I am getting older and not as "spry" as I used to be, I am starting to realize that I'm not going to get many things done that I thought I would by now. I sincerely hope that the younger generation can/will take up where the "Old Guys" left off. I know that there are several out there that have the expertise and resources to keep the hobby going and expanding. I've been hooked on these T"s since about 1955 or so when me and my best friend for 53 years (now passed in 2009) started listening to the "Old" guys talking about them. Now, We're the "Old" old guys, but still hooked!! :D :D :D
1925 mostly original coupe.

Duey_C
First Name: Duane
Last Name: Cooley
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 18 Runabout, 24 Runabout for 20yrs, 25 TT, late Center Door project, open express pickup
MTFCA Number: 32488
Board Member Since: 2015

Post by Duey_C » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:48 pm

Michael, thank you for posting that link. A fitting tribute for a very helpful gentleman!
Terry, please don't demonize the "bad people" that choose not to as opposed to the "good people" that do get them.
I very much like your post and didn't consider it a rant at all except for one line written. I still respect your opinion tho.
And I'm pleased as punch you've had no effects from yours. Truly.
We all type things we could reword and I'm quite guilty of that here and on another forum for old tractors.
I'm just coming to terms with my own COPD and have been hypoglycemic (kind of opposite to a diabetic) for most of my life.
My family tree has diabetic's like my wife's. A grandpa was diabetic, a sister is also but my brother and I are hypoglycemic's.
Yet, by the grace of the "man"-upstairs, I still trudge on.
I remember Andy in a more positive way and perhaps later we can share lighter thoughts to bring back a smile.
Since I lost my mind mind, I feel more liberated

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic