Model T Haven

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
jaybee47
First Name: jay
Last Name: bolante
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1922 Runabout
MTFCA Number: 31221
Board Member Since: 2015

Model T Haven

Post by jaybee47 » Wed May 11, 2022 10:08 pm

I was perusing ebay and came across parts being sold by Model T Haven out of Florida.

Steve Jelf
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Jelf
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1923 touring and a few projects
MTFCA Number: 16175
MTFCI Number: 14758
Board Member Since: 2007

Re: Model T Haven

Post by Steve Jelf » Wed May 11, 2022 10:24 pm

Yes, that was the plan.
The inevitable often happens.
1915 Runabout
1923 Touring

jiminbartow
First Name: James
Last Name: Patrick
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Coupe
MTFCA Number: 50126
Board Member Since: 2001

Post by jiminbartow » Thu May 12, 2022 10:07 am

While Florida is known as “The Sunshine State”, it does rain a lot here and their new location in Cocoa is on the east coast right next to the Atlantic Ocean, so there is the problem of salty ocean air blowing in from the east. With the rain, humidity and salty air, I don’t think Model T Haven would be able to keep their inventory outside like they used to, where they were, or they would be reduced to hunks of rust. I hope they consider building a big weatherproof warehouse. Jim Patrick

dobro1956
First Name: Donnie
Last Name: Brown
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1927 Sport Touring, 1919 Speedster, 1914 Speedster, Wards tractor conversion, non starter 1926 Improved Touring
MTFCA Number: 49575

Post by dobro1956 » Fri May 13, 2022 8:34 am

When Mark moved to Florida from Kansas, his plan was to be much smaller and everything must fit inside the building. In Kansas, he was in the country and had a lot of room for outside stuff. In Florida he has less room and I believe zoning will require inside storage. Glad to see he is active in Florida and hope he is enjoying his semi-retirement

Norman Kling
First Name: Norman
Last Name: Kling

Post by Norman Kling » Fri May 13, 2022 11:00 am

Jim is right. Even here in southern California, I used to live in Montrose which is about 30 miles inland from the coast. I had several Model A's. I had one fender which was stored in a garage. This fender was completely stripped of paint and rust free. It was there for a few years, then I moved to San Diego about 2 miles from the ocean and one block from Mission Bay. In less than a year it was rusty. We had a neighbor who had a later car with a steel top. It had been in an accident, of which I do not know the details, but a top from a different car had been welded on, and the car was re-painted. However, the inside of the top had not been sealed, and it rusted from the inside all the way through.
So hopefully they will sell the parts quickly in Florida, or they might enrichen the soil with iron!
Norm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic