2023 National Motor Camp invitation

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Linus Tremaine
First Name: linus
Last Name: tremaine
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: I do not have a model T. But I like them. I Have a 1930 Lincoln.

2023 National Motor Camp invitation

Post by Linus Tremaine » Sat May 14, 2022 4:20 pm

All
My friend Nathanael and I have planned a National Motor Camp event for september of 2023.

This is an event specifically for early auto campers. We are open to camping set ups from around 1890-1935. We will have the event in English Indiana and we will have auto camp trailers, house cars and early auto tents. It will be held on a private 60 acre farm and we will have an area with campfires and an area without to protect canvas and cars.

The event is private and its "free" but we do ask for a dontation if you can to help cover the costs of some of the servcies. We can accept money and we are also going to have a silent auction if you can bring something to donate.

We are going to have tours to French Lick and some other historic areas and we will have a picnic during the tours. We will have a potluck on saturday night and live music.

We will ask you dress in period clothing. We hope you can have a historic camp and car, but we will have space hidden away for modern tents and modern cars to park where they cant be seen.

Here is a link to register:"

https://nationalmotorcamp.wixsite.com/nationalmotorcamp
Attachments
39190-pc.jpeg

Rich Eagle
First Name: Richard
Last Name: Eagle
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1909 TR 1914 TR 1915 Rd 1920 Spdstr 1922 Coupe 1925 Tudor
MTFCA Number: 1219

Re: 2023 National Motor Camp invitation

Post by Rich Eagle » Sat May 14, 2022 7:35 pm

What a great idea. I bet you get lots of interest.
Old car camping was quite the adventure judging form all the old photos.
The ground has gotten a bit harder for me but it would be fun to attend an event like that.
Good on you.
Rich
When did I do that?

Harry Lillo
First Name: Harry
Last Name: Lillo
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Speedsters, racers, depot hack, coupe
MTFCA Number: 13996

Re: 2023 National Motor Camp invitation

Post by Harry Lillo » Sat May 14, 2022 10:27 pm

Linus,
You have us tempted. It is a long haul from Western Canada to the host location.
A number of us from our Foothills Model T Club have been on three different extended camping tours.
One to the Rocky Mountains, one to the Northern Boreal forests and one Prairie trip.
The longest trip was about 300 miles in total.
Lots of great memories.....
Harry

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic