T'was the Night Before Hershey...

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Retro54
First Name: Andrew
Last Name: Blaydon
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 Cut-down touring
Board Member Since: 2018

T'was the Night Before Hershey...

Post by Retro54 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:16 pm

Time for my annual Fall Meet post! Thought you all would enjoy...

...T'was the night before Hershey and all through the fields, not a creature was stirring, footed or wheeled. The tables were set in vendor spaces with care, with hope in the morning buyers would be there. Old men were nestled all snug in camper bunk beds, with visions of that elusive part dancing in their heads...
And dad with his duster coat, and I with my touring cap, had just settled down in our Winnebago for a pre-Hershey nap.
When right down the row, there arose a loud sputter, I arose from the bunk and peered through the clutter. Away out the door I flew as if powered by White Flash, knocking into a Whizzer bike, to the ground it did crash.
The parking lot lights making an Erie pump globe glow, shinned light on a distant hulk, moving quite slow. Then along, what should hit my sensitive ears? but a backfire and hissing and gnashing of gears! With a grey haired old driver, so lively and quick, it took a moment to discern if the transmission was planetary or stick. More lively than snare drums, the tappets of his auto's valve train. He ran through the aisles calling out autos by name!
Now Corvair, now Edsel, now Hudson and Pontiac .. on Buick on Studebaker, on to Oldsmobile and Cadillac. To the edge of the green field. To the chocolate field annex. If you don't find that part, there's no need to panic! As the Cyclops light on the Tucker follows the steering down the road as it flies... That long lost part is here somewhere If you open your eyes.
And as I blinked through the darkness He turned around and called,
Happy Hershey to you sir, Happy Fall Meet to all!
(Composition and Photo by Andy Blaydon - 2017)
Attachments
01 Hershey.jpg

Bill Everett
First Name: Bill
Last Name: Everett
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1911 Touring, 1914 Touring, 1912 Roadster PickUp in process
MTFCA Number: 93
MTFCA Life Member: YES
Board Member Since: 2011

Re: T'was the Night Before Hershey...

Post by Bill Everett » Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:22 pm

Wonderful poetry, Andy.

Topic author
Retro54
First Name: Andrew
Last Name: Blaydon
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 Cut-down touring
Board Member Since: 2018

Post by Retro54 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:27 pm

Bill Everett wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:22 pm
Wonderful poetry, Andy.
Haha, thank you Bill!

TBones12
First Name: Robert
Last Name: Poane
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1916 Hack, 1910 Touring, 1914 Touring, currently a Touring 1912, 1912 Torpedo Roadster
MTFCA Number: 17004
MTFCI Number: 17004

Post by TBones12 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:37 pm

Awesome! Thanks for keeping the tradition going !

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic