Challenge Match

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
RachelWHughes
First Name: Rachel
Last Name: Hughes
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1924 Roadster
MTFCA Number: 48818
Board Member Since: 2020

Challenge Match

Post by RachelWHughes » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:05 am

I'm pleased to announce that we once again have challenge match money! This year, the Board of Directors and I are putting up the funds to match gifts AND you have until the end of the year to make your gifts.

As you know, the Museum is supported only by admission, gift shop sales, and donations. Admissions and gift shop sales continue to recover from COVID and we count on donations to continue our efforts to promote and preserve the history of the Model T for future generations.

We hope you will continue to support that mission and give this year AND take advantage of the matching opportunity!

To give, visit the website - mtfca.com - call us at 765.373.3106 or send a check to 309 N. 8th Street, Richmond, IN 47374.

Thank you for anything you are able to do to support our work!
Rachel Hughes,
Executive Director

Hap_Tucker
First Name: Hap
Last Name: Tucker
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 cut off touring; 1918 touring; 1922 Speedster
MTFCA Number: 100
MTFCA Life Member: YES

Re: Challenge Match

Post by Hap_Tucker » Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:35 pm

Hey y’all,

Just a reminder, that the challenge grant is still going on. The match is not provided by the Wayne County Foundation as it has been in some previous years. Rather some dedicated Model T Folks are putting their own money up to match anything we contribute. There are many very worthwhile charities and non-profits to support. But I hope many of us will remember the MTFCA this December.

You can give online – just go to the MTFCA website (that's the home at the far left top of this page). I liked their page at: https://www.mtfca.com/donate/ as it gave me the choice of the Museum Fund, Operating Fund or Where Needed. Their first link under the “Giving tab” had lots of information but I didn’t see what to click on to donate (old eyes, old person…). But their second link is the same as the one I just posted, and it was easy for me to follow and use. You can also call their office number 765-373-3106 or send a check to their address at: 309 N. 8th Street, Richmond, IN 47374.

I hope everyone is doing well. I know many of you support our club, hobby and museum through volunteering, going on tours, donating parts or money, visiting schools, posting questions and answers on the forum and in many other ways. Hopefully some of us will be able to also support with a contribution during this time when they have a matching grant. (And yes, I also donated. Truth in donations – I’m hoping to move to Richmond and volunteer some at the museum in about a year and half or so. So, I maybe a little biased?)

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Rob
First Name: Rob
Last Name: Heyen
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Models B, F, K, N, Ford racer and 3 Model T

Post by Rob » Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:39 pm

Hap,
Thanks for the “gentle reminder,” done.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays,
Rob

Farmer J
First Name: Jerry
Last Name: Kramer
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 3

Post by Farmer J » Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:25 am

Your donations are the only thing that keeps our museum doors open. Your continued support will help future generations keep the model T family alive.

SurfCityGene
First Name: Gene
Last Name: Carrothers
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1912 Torpedo Roadster
MTFCA Number: 22905
MTFCI Number: 23068
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by SurfCityGene » Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:45 pm

Thanks for the reminder for this very important cause. Especially, Thank You!! to the people that make this Matching funds possible. I believe that encourages many to also donate.

Our Long Beach Model T Club board of directors recently just voted to send in a donation again this year.
1912 Torpedo Roadster

mdsBob
First Name: Bob
Last Name: Hargraves
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1911 Torpedo
MTFCA Number: 471
MTFCA Life Member: YES

Post by mdsBob » Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:52 pm

Donation made.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic