Vale Alan in Western Australia

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Allan
First Name: Allan
Last Name: Bennett
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1912 van, 1917 shooting brake, 1929 roadster buckboard, 1924 tourer, 1925 barn find buckboard, 1925 D &F wide body roadster, 1927LHD Tudor sedan.

Vale Alan in Western Australia

Post by Allan » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:49 am

In the thread "Who's that in the photo?" Alan invited me to post a photo of him on a visit to us here in South Australia. Before I could work out just which photo he was referring to, the news came that his five year fight against leukemia had taken its toll, and he passed just after his 70th birthday

Alan had restored a 1926 T roadster pickup that had been in his family from new. Then he turned his efforts to a red 1910 touring car, and did a magnificent job of it. He was very active in the veteran/vintage car scene in WA, and was always wiling to help out where he could. He will be missed by our Model T Club members here in South Australia as well as all those in WA.

My condolences to his Mum and Dad, Beryl and George, His wife Julie and their daughter Chesma and her young family.

Allan from down under.

John E. Guitar
First Name: John
Last Name: Guitar
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Touring, 1924 Tourer
Board Member Since: 2012

Re: Vale Alan in Western Australia

Post by John E. Guitar » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:58 am

I’m sorry to hear that. I met Alan on a rally about 10 years ago. He was a good guy.

perry kete
First Name: Dennis
Last Name: Seth
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1922 Coupe 1927 Touring

Re: Vale Alan in Western Australia

Post by perry kete » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:39 pm

Allen,

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend and fellow Model T'er. I hope that you will find a photo and post it as he requested.

Denny
1922 Coupe & 1927 Touring

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic