Upholstery with patina

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Allan
First Name: Allan
Last Name: Bennett
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1912 van, 1917 shooting brake, 1929 roadster buckboard, 1924 tourer, 1925 barn find buckboard, 1925 D &F wide body roadster, 1927LHD Tudor sedan.

Upholstery with patina

Post by Allan » Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:53 am

20230330_092717.jpg
In Bushmike's post on his re-awakening his TT, he mentioned new upholstery for it. I suggested using pre-used material.

Here is the trim in Henrietta. Her upholstery was all bu eaten out by mouse plagues during her 63 year slumber. This upholstery was in a car I restored for a customer. I kept it for patterns so others could copy the methods of Duncan and Fraser in building their cars in South Australia. All I had to do is trim off one of the pleats from the backrest and add a small piece to one side of the seat cushion.
The top material is from that same car. I suspect it was an early replacement for the original top. Again, it took very little work to make it fit..

I can honestly state it is original upholstery, just not original to Henrietta. Amazingly, she still has the original dark green covered door cards, and the kick panels on the sides of the cowl. This was the first D and F car to have kick panels.

If any of you have such material stashed away, it can be put to good use on an unrestored car.

Allan from down under.

BUSHMIKE
First Name: Mike
Last Name: Cushway
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 TT, 1926 TT, 1926 TT
MTFCA Number: 52588

Re: Upholstery with patina

Post by BUSHMIKE » Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:04 am

Allan,
That is super cool! I like it.

Model T Matt
First Name: Matt