Rootlieb sheet metal parts

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
joeyrooster

Rootlieb sheet metal parts

Post by joeyrooster » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:32 pm

Has anyone purchased sheet metal parts ( fenders , hoods , etc. ) from Rootlieb Inc. in Turlock Ca. .... If so are you happy with there work ... is the gauge the same as original ... do they fit well ...??? ... Thanks for any help ... Joe Gallagher ...joeg48@hotmail.com

John kuehn
First Name: John
Last Name: Kuehn
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 19 Roadster, 21 Touring, 24 Coupe
MTFCA Number: 28924

Re: Rootlieb sheet metal parts

Post by John kuehn » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:11 pm

They have been in business for many years and about as good as you can get as far as reproduction sheet metal T parts are concerned. But then Ford didn’t always make their sheet metal parts exactly 100% perfect all the time either. I haven’t used any of their sheet metal but being in business as long as they have they must be doing something right.

TonyB
First Name: Tony
Last Name: Bowker
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1914 touring
MTFCA Number: 32
MTFCA Life Member: YES
Board Member Since: 2005

Post by TonyB » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:02 pm

I bought a set of Rootlieb fenders for a customers Roadster. I was nervous about shipment so I drove up to pick them from Turlock. They fitted just fine and the customer was very pleased. I suspect the fenders on the 1909 were repro from Rootlieb when it was first restored in the 1950’s. They are still just excellent.
Tony Bowker
La Mesa, California
1914 Touring, 1915 Speedster, 1924 Coupe.

Chris Instness
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Instness
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 runabout, 1923 speedster
MTFCA Number: 52552

Post by Chris Instness » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:46 pm

The fenders on my speedster came from Rootlieb and I am very pleased with them. The workmanship is top notch. It is a speedster so I can not speak to the fitment on an original car, but based on the quality of my fenders would guess they are good. I wanted the front fenders made with no aprons on them so I called Rootlieb and the custom request was no problem. Good experience overall.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic