thinking of name change

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
RichardG
First Name: Richard
Last Name: Grzegorowicz
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1921 T pickup

thinking of name change

Post by RichardG » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:54 am

as in all spring time on the farm, time is the one thing -u-cant make more of , and this spring has been a bit on the wet side here in Vermont, there will be no knee high corn by the forth of July. some fields are still mud holes, talked to a logger yesterday he has orders for next years heating season, he has a huge 4x4 tractor that's stuck and he has no idea how he is going to get it out, any way back to what i'm up to,in between mowing washing and rinsing the hay getting my one thousand blu berry bush's ready for the season that's going to be two to three weeks late because of the late spring, the bumble bee's were late in getting started too, i put out heaps of mulch hay in the fall for them to winter, GOD BLESS THEM!! they don't know they cant fly but i love to watch them work . so hope when the sun finds it way here things will catch up. in the mean time my 21 Ford TRAGURTHA, sets in the corner glaring at me when i head to the fridge for cool one, i did rebuild the carbahooter with LANG'S help, may have stop'd one more oil leak,going back to #30 ND,on advice of my good buddy that's had all most as many t's as HENRY,according to him,and never a burn out be cause of oil, he told me the deturgant is not good for the cloth bands, last fall when we took a ride he drove, an said he had to push too hard on the low pedal to get under way, i thought the same too but did know how much pressure it should take, when i drove his 17 tourer it took very little to get under way, so when the mud drys a little hopefully i will see a change ,he did tell me it will take a oil change or two for the grip to get to normal. well when i started this ramble i was going to change my Fords name to patience , because it has been . but now i forgot why . life begins at 80. any one remember the 1938 storm to hit new England? that's the day my FORD was crushed in its shed, September 22 1938, it was already 17 years old when i was born. wiped out our sugar bush but for three trees. i was born that day, mom said i blew in on the wind.

Gordon C
First Name: Gordon
Last Name: Clayton
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 27 TT
MTFCA Number: 49977

Re: thinking of name change

Post by Gordon C » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:46 am

I'm a youngster and didn't come along until 1941, but great to hear your ramblings there in Vermont.
We visited your fine state a number of times back when even looked at a place to buy in a small
town whose name I have long forgotten.
Here in S/W Missouri it has been wet too with a great deal of flooding. The row of green beans
got washed out twice. The third row is now just peaking above the ground but more rain and
storms are promised to come. My 27 TT project sits waiting for a great deal of work.
There are dark clouds off to the west that promises more rain.
Hope things dry out up there and here too soon.

Gordon Clayton

Duey_C
First Name: Duane
Last Name: Cooley
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 18 Runabout, 24 Runabout for 20yrs, 25 TT, late Center Door project, open express pickup
MTFCA Number: 32488
Board Member Since: 2015

Post by Duey_C » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:59 pm

Good to see you're writing again GREG! :)
Ya, we've had a wet and late spring here too again.
When it turns, it'll be 90 and humid in the shade and this Minnesotan will be cryin' and suffering. :lol:
Sadly, right here I'm down to just a couple of Bumbles that gotta do the work. Mulch hay piles you say. :)
Since I lost my mind mind, I feel more liberated

Topic author
RichardG
First Name: Richard
Last Name: Grzegorowicz
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1921 T pickup

Post by RichardG » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:25 pm

THANK YOU GORDON YA THE WIFE SAYS I TALK TOO MUCH, SHE IS A BIT YOUNGER THAN ME SO THE YOUTH OF TO DAY RELY ON THEM BUTTON THINGS TO TALK, WELL THEY CAN HAVE EM, IVE ROAMED AROUND THIS COUNTRY A BIT AND VERMONT EVAN WITH ITS MEAN WINTERS WORKS FOR ME, GUESS ITS THE LACK OF PEOPLE EVERY TOO FEET, THAT I LOVE. YOU HAVE A SUPER DAY GORDON, GIT THAT T TOGETHER I WAITED TO LONG TO GIT ONE, TO BUSY WITH THIS AND THAT, GREG. ------- DEWEY --U-- OLD DOG HOW YA DOIN YES I FOUND A GOOD PILE OF MULCH HAY ON THE BANK HERE AND THERE THEY SEEM TO WINTER OVER IN THAT, ITS FUN TO SEE THEN GROW,--- EARLY THEY ARE THE SIZE OF PEANUT A WEEK OR THREE THERE THE SIZE OF THE END OF YOUR THUMB, ITS SO NEAT TO WORK WITH THEM, WHEN I'M WORKING THE BUSH'S IVE- HAD THEM LAND ON MY HAND AND IF ITS A COOL DAY HE WILL LINGER SOAKING UP SOME HEAT, THEN BACK TO WORK, NEVER BEEN STUNG BY A BUMBUL. THERE I GO AGAIN, I WAS VACCUNATE'D WITH A PHONOGRAPH NEEDLE, TONGUE HITCHED IN THE MIDDLE WAGS AT BOTH ENDS , MY GRANDFATHER ALWAYS SAID-- YOU WERE BORN WITH TWO EYES TWO EARS AND ONE MOUTH, THEREFORE YOU SHOULD SEE AND HEAR TWICE WHAT -U- SAY.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic